Houzz Logo Print
sonya_torres24

What color of hardwood or tile in kitchen?

Arena Miller
8 anni fa
Should we tile the kitchen or do all hardwood. I cant decide what color of hardwood. The kitchen/ dining has a soffit dividing with trey cieling in dining. and the rest is open. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Commenti (9)

• Arena Miller
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    should i go with the color of my cabinets in hrdwd floor and change cabinets to a lighter color?
  • Lynne Berg
    8 anni fa
    We went with hard wood on the last two kitchens we did and we are thrilled with the results! Great on my legs and beautiful to look at! We used a natural cherry stain and the cabinets were darker as yours are! Enjoy it!!
  • jhmarie
    8 anni fa

A natural to mid tone wood floor is the easiest for upkeep - shows dust and scratches less than a dark wood floor. It also is more flexible style wise. I also love my hardwood floors. However, there are some parts of the country that are very humid or sandy and tile would be a better option there.

• PRO
    Jeff Rice, Decor Designs, Inc.
    8 anni fa

The combination you have in the first photo is the better of the two. I agree with jhmarie that you will likely be happier with a mid tone wood floor since they are much more forgiving for dust/dirt than darker wood floors. The lighter countertop (and lighter paint) will help brighten up the space. Good luck!

• Lynne Berg
    8 anni fa
    Important side note: We also used a satin finish, not gloss, to avoid showing crumbs or dust.
  • Arena Miller
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    thank you all! burnburg i like yours, where did u get it?
  • Kayla Johnson
    8 anni fa
    I suggest a cherry-brown hardwood or a lighter color of brown
  • Lynne Berg
    8 anni fa
    Thanks for the positive comment, when we pulled up 5 layers of flooring, our sub floors were white oak so we sanded and stained them natural cherry with a bit of brown added to keep them from turning pink or yellow in comparison to our solid cherry cabinets. Then we applied 4 coats of satin poly to protect them, no scratches that can't be buffed out! Dust and crumbs disappear on them!
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".