Houzz Logo Print
petapea

White or black benchtops?- I can't decide!

petapea
8 anni fa
Ultima modifica:8 anni fa

I'm thinking either matte black or a white marble look ceasarstone, love to know what others think would suit my kitchen. It's quite a small galley kitchen but has high ceilings, jarrah boards, and gets lots of bright light. I'm inclined toward black for an Art Deco feel but love classic design and thought white might keep things open and elegant. Love to hear your preferences. Thanks!

Commenti (14)

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    8 anni fa

White Marble would look stunning. Just keep the red wine (beetroot too possibly) away from it as it can stain some marbles, even when sealed!

petapea ha ringraziato MB Design & Drafting
  • haephestus
    8 anni fa

I would personally go with white, but it really depends upon whether you like the idea of an all white kitchen.

• Serena
    8 anni fa

I think white marble would look amazing in this kitchen. Do you have any plans of finishing off the top of the kitchen cupboards, either with a moulding or a bulk head...

petapea ha ringraziato Serena
  • PRO
    Eco Sustainable Homes
    8 anni fa

Hi Petapea,
    With the
    colours you already have in the kitchen, a white ‘marble look’ caesarstone that
    has texture, streaking or specking in it would suit very well. You wouldn’t
    want to go with one that is predominately white; it might make the room look
    too clinical. Regarding marble instead of caesarstone, definitely be careful,
    marble WILL stain from coffee, red wine, acidic foods (tomatoes, lemons) etc.
    despite sealing, which is fine if you’re happy for a seasoned look, but if you
    want a clean unmarked surface, stick with the caesarstone. If you wanted to
    make the kitchen stand out even more and it was in your budget, you could also consider
    matte black cupboard handles – this would look good with either type of bench top, or
    painting the door to the kitchen black.
    Hope this helps!

petapea ha ringraziato Eco Sustainable Homes
  • acharyaanisha
    8 anni fa
    I think marble looking caesarstone would look great.. Something like Calacatta Nuvo.
    petapea ha ringraziato acharyaanisha
  • J
    8 anni fa
    I have cararra marble island and while I haven't done it, yet plan to get it coated in resin by these guys.
    Then I won't need to worry about stains or etching ever.

http://www.stainstop.com.au
    petapea ha ringraziato J
  • how2girl
    8 anni fa
    Go with the Caesarstone marble effect - you get the appearance of marble without the issues with marble (etching & staining). Calacatta Nuvo & Statuario Nuvo are marble like colours. London Grey is also nice.
    petapea ha ringraziato how2girl
  • User
    8 anni fa

White, but introduce colour elsewhere in the room.

petapea ha ringraziato User
  • LouieT
    8 anni fa

White marble look Caesarstone for sure!

petapea ha ringraziato LouieT
  • syn210
    8 anni fa
    howdy not sure if you have seen this ladies kitchen ideas from Houzz , so if not here is the link. .... https://www.houzz.com.au/magazine/6-kitchen-colour-schemes-that-will-stand-the-test-of-time-stsetivw-vs~39260096

personally for myself too much white is too much, I would have to then change the cupboard handles to a rectangular black (it just spells more shopping for me)
  • syn210
    8 anni fa
    me again , noticed the link was not in the message ... so here it is again
    6 Kitchen Colour Schemes That Will Stand the Test of Time https://www.houzz.com.au/magazine/6-kitchen-colour-schemes-that-will-stand-the-test-of-time-stsetivw-vs~39260096 via @HouzzAU
  • syn210
    8 anni fa
    3rs time lucky they say , ( am @ bit new to this and Houzz doesn't seem to want to link itself , the kitchen article was from Ann Ellard design I have bookmarked it ( though not sure if you can read those) and have tagged a follow link to her page am pretty sure its a public tag to get to it just click my name then the tag ( there is a picture of the the kitchen you are thinking of which is kinda classy and some sorta gorgeous other things.
  • petapea
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Hi syn210, I have accessed the link, thanks, and I definately love the all white kitchen!

Infact, thank-you to everyone for their input, it has been great. I went out and gathered some Ceasarstone samples today and Calacatta Nuvo might be the winner methinks! :-) Final decider will be whether I can afford it once I get the quote!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".