Houzz Logo Print
carolyn_rosson

Powder room window with no wood trim - suggestions on treatments?

Love my little powder room but the window needs to be dressed up. The builder did not add trim to any of my windows other than the sills. What are some ideas? Thank you so much!

Commenti (14)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

Try a soft balloon shade insert and use a Venetian style fabric.

• Katbv Vero
    8 anni fa
    I would add a custom Roman shade to compliment that gorgeous bathroom!
  • Carolyn Rosson
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    @JudyG Designs, thank you! Would you suggest hanging the balloon shade inside the window even with no wood trim on sides and top?
  • Wendy H
    8 anni fa

Inside mounted shade with small top valance.

• PRO
    Edward Lobrano Interior Design Inc.
    8 anni fa

I'm with Katbv. A fabric shade inside the window reveal would be great. It needs a little softness. If you have a traditional house you could do a shade inside (fabric, reeded, venetian blinds, etc) and then do a soft swag and jabo valance hung on the outside, but hang it higher than the window to elongate the window and you won't notice that there is no trim on it, and it will be an elegant layered look.

• suezbell
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

Like live plants in every room, including the bath.

The space on the left of the window is very narrow and any trim boards that would fit there would be very narrow so that's probably why none at all was added. Also, less trim boards equals less expense for the builder.

You could add a white trim board at the top that mirrors the trim board at the bottom and, as someone suggested, even place it to cover the top of your mini blinds.

For the sides of your bathroom window, you might check to see if you can find some corner molding that would fit and, because it wraps around the corner into the window indent, would visually appear to be the same width as the other trim. You wouldn't want the side trim boards to extend beyond the width of the bottom sill and you'd definitely want the trim boards on the sides to be the same.

Is that design on the wall to the left of the window a reflection or wall art?

• kathleen MK
    8 anni fa
    I love your colors scheme, I am doing a similar look in my master bath.
    just a white sheer scarf could be draped over a decorative rod. Do you need to cover it for privacy or just to dress it up?
  • C F
    8 anni fa

Pretty mirror! I vote roman shade on inside. Simple and clean.

• kathleen MK
    8 anni fa
    Hanging any sort of valance or topper higher will give the window a taller long to echo the length of that beautiful mirror.
  • sandradclark
    8 anni fa

Usa a little tension rod within the sides & make sure the tension is not too tight. Go with white & start it at the halfway point down to just kiss your window sill. You don't seem to need privacy for the top half & the white shirred fabric will bring in lovely light.

• sandradclark
    8 anni fa

The choice to not go with side & top trim on windows is not usually a choice for budget. It is more for the style of the house. I really like it myself.

• PRO
    ResCom Designs
    8 anni fa

A sheer / semi-opaque cellular would be great. You cal also look at just frost to give you privacy but still let the light in.

• tardystar
    7 anni fa

I dont like the fact that my builder didnt put window trim around any of my windows either..my home had to be rebuilt due to a house fire and trim was around all the windows..I feel he should give me the option if I wanted it or not..I didnt think I had to tell him I wanted it..I fee it was him trying to cut corners..I have never seen windows with no trim

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".