Houzz Logo Print
junebugmama12

lamination of island

junebugmama12
8 anni fa
was it difficult to laminate the white macaubas? what is the lamination on this piece? 3/4"? we have the material and curious about fabrication. Taj Mahal (another quartzite) broke when milled.
White Macaubas Lamination Kitchen · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (3)

• PRO
    Premier Marble and Granite Design
    8 anni fa

Yes, it was very difficult to do lamination on White Macabus. It is a quartzite so any quartzite will be a difficult stone to work with and this project we have done is actually all 1 1/4 even the lamination is 1 1/4. The White Macabus is slightly stronger than the Taj Mahal so lamination can be done on the White Macabus without being broken but it requires lots of time and attention so it does not break .

• junebugmama12
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Is the edging it double ogee? We have a 3cm slab. knowing that lamination is difficult, we are determining alternatives--and what 'fancier' edging we could use to still make the island pop without lamination.

• PRO
    Premier Marble and Granite Design
    8 anni fa

Only island is single ogee , perimeter is an eased edge. If you are not considering a Lamination done, you can look into single or double ogee which will still make your island pop . I have posted more picture of the kitchen to help you.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".