Houzz Logo Print
jcdanek

Bathroom Design - polished chrome or satin nickel on wood?

jcdanek
8 anni fa

I have a bathroom that is contemporary design, intended to be spa like. It has whites and doug fir (beam, vanity, and will have frosted glass with fir door). The fixtures are all polished chrome, but somehow that looks weird/unnatural to use on the fir vanity and fir door. Both the vanity and the door will be clear-coated only. Should I do a polished chrome to match the rest of bathroom, or switch to brushed nickel? Also, anyone know of a contemporary lever door handle that isn't super long. I have attached a pic of two different ones I am considering. The width of the wood on side of door is only about 5 inches.

Commenti (7)

• Darzy
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

I vote polished chrome in a very modern design. Contemporary/shiny with wood accents is a nice juxtaposition combination.

Moen 6700 90 Degree Bathroom Faucet Chrome · Maggiori informazioni

• Darzy
    8 anni fa

Here is an example of what I mean. Look out cool and sleek the polished chrome faucet looks with the natural wood vanity. Not exactly your set up, but the combo works.

Powder Room · Maggiori informazioni

jcdanek ha ringraziato Darzy
  • PRO
    GR Concept
    8 anni fa

Chrome has a mirror like shiny finish which is a modern design, but somehow doesn't give the spa-like/nature look you are aiming for.

We suggest you go with the satin nickel - it is more on the relaxed side because of its matte features.

See below for an idea

jcdanek ha ringraziato GR Concept
  • Natasha W
    8 anni fa

Another idea is to find a knob with stone in it to add more of a spa feel, like these knobs from Wanelo:

If I were you I would order some sample knobs and get a little creative with it; my favorite part of my bathroom is the quirky fish knobs I ordered. They make the bathroom feel more personal to me, but are easily changed out and unobtrusive.

jcdanek ha ringraziato Natasha W
  • PRO
    Phancy Design, Inc - Turnkey Renovations
    8 anni fa

Chrome finish or crystal for a timeless look!

jcdanek ha ringraziato Phancy Design, Inc - Turnkey Renovations
  • jcdanek
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I am intrigued by the idea of adding some crystal to the bathroom. I am adding fir shelves in the back so maybe there is a way to incorporate there. Great pictures!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".