Houzz Logo Print
pansy85

Should I paint the fireplace surround too ?

Pansy Cra
8 anni fa
I just painted my interior house agreeable gray SW and all the niches are Mega Greige. I still feel like something is missing. Should I paint around the fireplace the mega Greige too for more definition.

Commenti (10)

• lesliedgoodman
    8 anni fa
    I would paint the area above the mantle.
  • Pansy Cra
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Since there is no break from the top of the fireplace to bottom and I'm speaking of the sides leading to the bottom of the fireplace; Should I paint along the sides as well. I don't like creating imaginary lines with paint.
  • PRO
    EURO STAGING
    8 anni fa

Yes, I would continue with the paint.

I would also add more bold accessories into your shelving. It needs more contrast in my opinion. Or darker color of the background.

• zzmom40
    8 anni fa
    I would only paint the back of your built-ins to match walls. I did mine in the Dorian Gray BM that was used in my attached kitchen area. My accessories are much more of a traditional/French farm theme but the painted back drop works really well. You have a wonderful space! I don't think it is necessary to have to add to much color I really like your more modern/contemporary look and love all the neutral shades.
  • decoenthusiaste
    8 anni fa

Is that blue above the can lights? Is that the color of the adjoining space? If it is staying, you might wallpaper the backs of the cabinets with a pattern that has that color in it.

• Pansy Cra
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    The entire room and adjoining kitchen is agreeable gray... The light makes it blue on the photo but it looks gray throughout...

Not a fan of the wall paper look but I want something else for a pop... Fireplace color, add crown molding , something

I'm thinking of painting the top mantle to the trim sides for the added dimension.
    Thanks all for the suggestion. This really helps.
  • Tems
    8 anni fa

Paint the niches darker as suggested it should do it

• Pansy Cra
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    That looks nice @Tem... How did you do that ? Was it an app or full software?
  • PRO
    DESIGN415
    8 anni fa

I say go for it, it will add a nice contrast.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".