Houzz Logo Print
dlbmsu

Front door

dlbmsu
8 anni fa
Looking to replace door and love the look of a front door with glass in the whole door and windowpanes. Those who have one, is privacy ever a concern? Do you also have a storm door? Although that may defeat the purpose of the look of the door.

Commenti (7)

• januarisun
    8 anni fa

repeat post

• dlbmsu
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

They're actually different posts .

• hatetoshop
    8 anni fa

I've always had glass in my doors, usually frosted which helps with privacy. But you can see movement, shadows, etc from the outside.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 anni fa

These 2 posts could have been combined but no biggy. As for doors with glass I happen to love them , if you get a good door you don’t need a screen door , most people I know just like to be able to have screen so they can leave the main door open for a nice breeze in which case I always reccommend a phantom screen so your nice new door can actually be seen.I have never had a door store come out for a quote but that is probably possible I would suggest you google pictures of your style of house and see a door you like and then go shopping for that one,

• dlbmsu
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Thx all! What are the phantom screen doors?

• PRO
    Golden Interiors
    8 anni fa

Glass panel doors are very attractive and there are many varieties with small glass insets, half glass or full glass panels. If you feel that people can see in your home it probably would not be ideal to have full panel. Use a small glass lite at the top of the door. The other way to have glass is to add one or two sidelights. In most of our client homes when we do drapery work the clients usually request to cover the clear glass sidelights with a sheer fabric. It is clear that they are not comfortable with anyone coming to the door to be able to look straight into their home. You can use a frosted or textured type of glass and then avoid the drapery issue.

Porch Addition · Maggiori informazioni

• juudean
    8 anni fa
    I am happy with our Pella glass doors. In terms of privacy, our foyer runs perpendicular to the main living space so you can't see in much. That said, we have a ton of windows that we don't cover, even at night, and we live in the country so privacy isn't much of an issue. It really depends on your floor plan...
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".