Houzz Logo Print
rebecca_dixon19

Kitchen floor help please

Rebecca Dixon
8 anni fa
So I've finally decided on granite top and colour of cupboard.... But what colour floor - needs to be fairly simple as a lot going on in the worktop X

Commenti (18)

• Victoria
    8 anni fa
    River white?
  • Victoria
    8 anni fa
    As in, is the granite river white?
  • Rebecca Dixon
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Hi no it's called Branco nivera or something like that! Well that's what midland stone called it today X
  • PRO
    User
    8 anni fa

Natural wood is beautiful and will come down to your own personal choice. A light oiled oak would look beautiful also. While the kitchen below has a large chunk of blue in it, the work surface on the Island is a similar grey tone and works very well with the floor. It would keep the whole feel light and airy.

You could then sit darker woods on top of it like the table in the second photo.

I hope that helps.

Hammersmith · Maggiori informazioni

Hammersmith · Maggiori informazioni

• louisep2012
    8 anni fa

I would avoid tiles, they chip terribly easy as I've found in my house. I swear I don't even know how the chips have got there but would never choose these tiles myself. I have had Karndean laid in my living room which is pretty much indestructible and comes in a wide range of styles.

• Victoria
    8 anni fa
    Ceramic tiles do chip but porcelain is much harder and more resistant to chipping.
  • PRO
    Aristeia Limited
    8 anni fa

I agree with Maya and would recommend a natural or pale wood as tiles could be quite cold with the grey of the worktop. Wood is practical and adapts well to all spaces and features. Good luck with the project.

• Rebecca Dixon
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Thank you everyone. What do we think to this combination? The worktop and cupboard on one side and the flooring I've seen on the other.
  • Rebecca Dixon
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Or this
  • Rebecca Dixon
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Or this
  • Victoria
    8 anni fa
    I like that very much.
  • Victoria
    8 anni fa
    Think we cross posted! I like the third one most and the second one least.
  • PRO
    MERRICK DESIGNS
    8 anni fa

I like one and three -- not 2 as the tones are too similar. I think I personally like 1 the most, but the third will probably give you a warmer, lighter feel.

• PRO
    User
    8 anni fa

I think the third one. Light but warm. The first one is very 'characterful' with large knots which would give more of a rustic feel. This can work in both period and contemporary spaces, but if its a wood effect flooring, the more prominent the character features, the more obvious it will be that its not real. If its a real wood floor then you could go for a character grade oak. Talk to your supplier or fitter about a clear lacquer or oil finish. They are much improved in recent years with no yellowing with time.

• mrsmcee74
    8 anni fa
    Definitely third option, it's light but warm - perfect.
  • belsize
    8 anni fa
    3rd option please, light and warm. You need something warm with your grey granite top I feel, beautiful though it is.
  • dottymax
    8 anni fa
    The third as well. It's a lovely combination- the granite is beautiful.
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".