Houzz Logo Print
dr_priyanka1911

We have to select colours for our first home. It's very confusing .

Priyanka
8 anni fa
Can any one suggest tips for selecting colours for facade and washrooms. I was thinking of white tiles on flooring in living area and kitchen but is it difficult to maintain white tiles?? Am thinking of going with ash colour tiles in restrooms as I don't prefer white in restrooms. Pls do help me. Thanks in advance.

Commenti (6)

• PRO
    Aspire Kitchens
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

Hi Houzz User,

Applying a white finish anywhere externally would never be recommended - it is very hard to maintain, and due to our climate you will notice plenty of glare! Greys are in fashion in the designer world - consider using different tones.

White tiles are not hard to maintain - dependant on the finish you select - ie, gloss, matt etc. We would never recommend a gloss tile again as they reflect so much light! The more rough the surface, the harder to clean - we would never recommend something too slippery for your main living areas though.

Grey tiles are a fantastic option, they hide a myriad of sins as well! Consider a feature wall of the same floor tile [with a gloss finish] to run up one feature wall behind your vanity, and a standard white subway tile for the remainder of the walls. Timber laminates also look fantastic against these two colours!

• bigreader
    8 anni fa
    If you don't have strong preferences on your own consider heading to a display home village. The builders prob spend more on interior design than they do on construction so there are heaps of colour schemes to choose from.
  • PRO
    L8 Studio
    8 anni fa

It is also a good idea to get some 3D realistic images or a 3D visual tour of the proposed design to visualise the space and ensure the materials and colours are accurately selected.

If you require assistance contact us , www.l8studio.com.au

• Sian Sampey
    8 anni fa
    Definitely hit up some display homes or even home opens so you can figure out what you love & what you hate!
  • PRO
    QPaint
    8 anni fa

I would definitely spend the money for a colour consultant to help choose colours with you. As an expert in colour and design, they will help steer you towards the right colour. In the end it's your choice but a consultant is good value for money for only a few hundred dollars

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".