Houzz Logo Print
ajones36

Baseboards

ajones36
8 anni fa
Love the flush baseboards.... I have a drywall crew starting and how do I best advise them to install the flush look?

All the best
MacArthur Terrace · Maggiori informazioni

Commento (1)

• PRO
    Spaced Out
    7 anni fa

The application depends on the circumstance. It can be quite an undertaking. There are many details to consider when developing a plan to achieve this flush base and consistent reveal. In our case, we had a renovation property with the existing subfloor out of level. We hung our new sheetrock (or trimmed it) about 8" above the subfloor and then installed our flooring AFTER the drywall, running the more stable engineered floor boards much closer to the stud wall than the manufacturer "recommends". Then we installed a thin, plastic laminate against the stud wall under the drywall and our base trim went on top of that, sitting on the new floor boards. Finally, our drywall contractor floated a drywall bead above the top of the base trim using 1/2" spacers for consistency. Your painter must use a sprayer application to paint the trim and inside the reveal. We rolled eggshell on the walls after spraying the trim with satin. Not for the unskilled.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".