Houzz Logo Print
sherbertbarnes

Secret Garden!

I have replaced this door, but have kept it as I would like to make it a feature somewhere in my garden! At present it is just resting against a water butt! Any ideas please?!

Commenti (3)

• PRO
    Phil Hirst Garden Design
    8 anni fa

Try fixing to a boundary fence with a fake frame and nice climbers around it to give the impression of access to a hidden space beyond. The effect would be even more convincing if you could create a path leading up to it.

Even better if it would be possible to cut a window into the door and fence behind to 'borrow' a glimpse into the space beyond. If this isn't possible clever positioning of a mirror fixed on the gate to look like a window could work. This is usually best if it is slightly angled so that you don't see yourself walking towards it.

• mrskain1
    8 anni fa
    Door is adorable even just as is. Love Phil's idea. Or could add a planter (and paint it, but I like it natural too) or lean an old bike against it with plants in the basket. :-)
  • PRO
    Lynn Hill Garden Design
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

Lovely doors like yours are great for creating the illusion that the garden leads on to somewhere intriguing beyond your garden. In order to identify a good spot for it, try imagining where the flow of your garden takes you. Phil's idea of a pathway is a great idea and creating a frame around it really sets off the illusion (in garden design we tend to call this trompe l'oeil). Evergreen plants will be the most effective and if you have the space fast growing shrubs that can be pruned hard work brilliantly (such as Viburnum tinus or Pyracantha).

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".