Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_m

Which brand to choose ... Behr or Sherwins Williams?

suzanne_m
8 anni fa

I want to paint the concrete floor of my unfinished basement. I want to choose one of the colors from Sherwins Williams. I have 3 options:

1- Porch and Floor Enamel Line from Shwerwins or

2- Having that color made and use the Behr concrete & Garage floor paint line or

3- Go with another brand

What would you do? I don't know if it makes a difference but the floor has been painted long time ago.

Thank you.

Commenti (7)

• suzanne_m
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

I forgot to mention that the color does not have to be exact. I am more concern about the quality between the 2 brands.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 anni fa

I have had very good results with Lowes Porch and Floor paint, however, you do need to test the moisture content in the floor BEFORE you paint to make sure the material meets the manufacturers standards required for successful application.

suzanne_m ha ringraziato BeverlyFLADeziner
  • hayleydaniels
    8 anni fa

Google both products with the terms 'review's and 'complaints' and see what you come up with. Behr is rated very highly by Consumer Reports...

suzanne_m ha ringraziato hayleydaniels
  • suzanne_m
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Thank you GreenDesigns and BeverlyFLADeziner. The moisture in the floor does not seem to be an issue since it has been painted long time ago and I had no paint peeling issue. In that case, should I pay attention to the brand only?

GreenDesigns, your suggestion about loose vinyl plank is very good. I wish I could do that but unfortunately my budget is very small.

BeverlyFLADeziner, I have not check Lowes. This is a good idea too. This will give me other colors to choose from.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 anni fa

I have used the Lowes on my outdoor completely exposed patios. There is sun and rain everyday and had no issues with the product.

suzanne_m ha ringraziato BeverlyFLADeziner
  • suzanne_m
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

BerverlyFD, I am living in Canada. This is the choice of paint I have from Lowes:

https://www.lowes.ca/search/Porch-and-Floor-paint.html?iterm=Porch-and-Floor-paint

Do you recognize the can?

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".