Houzz Logo Print
helpingplan

What colour timber flooring for my office?

helpingplan
8 anni fa

I need help with decorating my new office. It is in a heritage listed building so I want to keep some character within.

So I have the following questions:

- What colour flooring? This is going to be sanded back and restained.

- What colour curtains? I am looking at roller blinds.

- What colour furniture? i.e. desk, credenza, couch, floor rug.

- Should I put a mantle over the fireplace even though it isn't working and we will not be using it ever?

Any other tips would be great.

The back wall in the first picture, is my wall of inspiration - where I will be getting quotes printed with a stick-on backing. There is going to be a large canvas put up over the fireplace.

The walls are a very soft green colour, and there is plenty of natural light coming into the room.

And yes, my son thinks the fireplace is an awesome hide-out.

Commenti (6)

• PRO
    Veneta Blinds
    8 anni fa

What a lovely office space! I think Roller or Honeycomb Blinds would be perfect for your space. I think a grey colour would look really nice and sophisticated. Click here to see a Roller Blind and here for a Honeycomb Blind.

Here are some photos for inspiration .. Let me know what you like the look of and we can go from there :)

Roller Blinds · Maggiori informazioni

Roller Blinds · Maggiori informazioni

Honeycomb Blinds · Maggiori informazioni

Honeycomb Blinds · Maggiori informazioni

helpingplan ha ringraziato Veneta Blinds
  • PRO
    signarture
    8 anni fa

Great to read that you've chosen your artwork first and are planning the rest of your office around that :)

helpingplan ha ringraziato signarture
  • Lachlan Sole
    8 anni fa

Lighter coloured floor boards make the room look bigger!

helpingplan ha ringraziato Lachlan Sole
  • kooky_karen
    8 anni fa

The photo below is my suggestion for colour of floor. Furniture should be darker - similar to below.

For the rug - choose one colour from the artwork and find a similar coloured rug.

Don't put a mantle over the fireplace - it could be a health hazard - bumps and bruises.

Blinds - unless you want them to make a statement I think white - to match window frames would be fine.

helpingplan ha ringraziato kooky_karen
  • robandlyn
    4 anni fa

Old Post...I'm sure they have long since made their decision:)

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".