Houzz Logo Print
lynda5000

What is the largest size granny flat that can be built on a flat block

lynda5000
8 anni fa
I am interested in building a granny flat in the near future. The land is flat and is in the Lower North Shore in Sydney and app 300 sq metres.. It would be for my daughter.
Do you look after everything, ie councils etc. and what would the final approximate cost be. Thank you
Granny Flats Northern Beaches · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (5)

• PRO
    Granny Flats Sydney NSW Pty Ltd
    8 anni fa

Hi Lynda, the maximum allowable size is 60 square meters state-wide (NSW), The land must also be minimum 450 square metres under the State legislation.

lynda5000 ha ringraziato Granny Flats Sydney NSW Pty Ltd
  • lynda5000
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Thank you for that, is this including an outside deck, and if not how big can the deck be? The present land is app 900 sq metres with the house on it. Does the granny flat have to be attached, like a dual occupancy and also do you handle the application with council? Thank you

• PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    8 anni fa

In my case, 60 sq mteres is just he building not including deck, garage etc any structure outside- at least in my council that's the case. the granny flat can be completey separate in both coucils I have property in (Baulkham hills and Blacktown)

lynda5000 ha ringraziato Clever Closet Company
  • lynda5000
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Thank you for that, it is now getting clearer. I am looking at it for my son but I will have to call it a "studio" instead of a granny flat and will need to find one that is modern but still goes with a lovely looking cottage.

• PRO
    Granny Flats Sydney NSW Pty Ltd
    8 anni fa

Yes that's another option. Max size on your block is 35 sq m

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".