Houzz Logo Print
lovetodecorate

Quartz marble look with off white background please?

I would like to know if anyone has a Quartz countertop with the marble look where the background is off white instead of bright white. I prefer the white background but I'm trying to coordinate with uba tuba on my perimeter counters. I can't get those replaced without tearing out the kitchen but will just replace my island countertop. I will probably redo the kitchen in five years. This is my vacation home so not worried about it being dated at this point. I redid my primary house's kitchen three years ago so I'm not in a rush to redo this one. My cabinets here are white but not a bright white..They are a little off..not quite ivory but off white a little. The uba tuba on the perimeter counters has flecks of copper, silver, and mostly looks black. No one can see any green which I know uba tuba is supposed to be. This kitchen was done by a former owner in 2001 so the style reflects it but is charming for the area because it's in a historic district and in person goes fine with my 110 year old house. I think a Quartz countertop that looks like marble in a more subtle pattern would coordinate with it pretty well. I don't like a lot of movement or darker colors so I elimated granite. I do like Andromeda white granite but it has garnet dots which I think fights with the copper flecks in the uba tuba. I will take suggestions for anything. Thank you for your help!

Commenti (15)

• emilyam819
    8 anni fa

A piece of quartz that size will cost $2,000, so I would leave what you have until you redo the whole kitchen. Looks great.

lovetodecorate ha ringraziato emilyam819
  • miacometlady
    8 anni fa
    @forever, just spent a moment reviewing your previous posts on your kitchen and Quartz... You've had so many wonderful comments on your other posts! Have you gone to a store to see what Quartz is offered?
    lovetodecorate ha ringraziato miacometlady
  • lovetodecorate
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Emilyam819..I've wrestled with leaving it but I truly hate my counters. I've come to terms that it's not the ideal situation having a new island countertop in that old kitchen. It smears and the skylight shines over it which makes it look so busy and brings out all the colors I hate. I want to look at something pretty when I'm cooking in there!

Miacometlady, thank you for the nice compliment..I have done some looking but only can see them in tiny samples. I'm at the vacation house now prepared to make a decision and purchase it this weekend! :)

nnrgirt, I love that photo of your countertop with the yeast bread! Thank you for posting it..

• Judy Mishkin
    8 anni fa

ty forever.

think on something with a more honed than polished finish, and you won't get so much reflection from your lovely windows.

lovetodecorate ha ringraziato Judy Mishkin
  • lovetodecorate
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Nnigrt..My ugly granite is very shiny..The Quartz samples are less so...I'm thinking having the sun shine on my new counter will make me very happy..I'll pretend when my back is turned working at the island that all my counters are pretty..;)

• PRO
    EcoHaven
    8 anni fa

My brain is awhirl with thoughts for you on this subject! I think high contrast is needed to pair with the existing black countertop. Of course, white is a classic pairing with black! I'm very familiar with the quartz "marble", and the white is a little soft imo to pair with the Uba Tuba. Are you dead set against a real piece of marble? It does require a bit more care, of course. I'll throw in the very strong opinions of both my husband (a very design-savvy chap) and my design partner Rusty, who hate materials that mimic other materials. I happen to be more open to it, and was seriously considering the marble-look quartz in my last renovation, but the two of them shamed me out of it! That said, we all love quartz composites. In thinking about it, it's going to be kind of hard to put another stone product right next to that granite, no matter what direction you go with within that category.

What about introducing a whole other material, like butcher block? The wood would be so lovely and warm, and add a whole new dimension to the space. A pretty affordable solution, too, given that you want to redo the kitchen eventually, and it's a second home that you don't want to invest as heavily into as you would your primary. Yep, that's what I'm leaning toward. Keep us posted what you decide to do!

lovetodecorate ha ringraziato EcoHaven
  • lovetodecorate
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

I agree the wood top would be a great idea. I was thinking a walnut would go with the house considering its age. .My husband usually defers to anything I pick out but strongly dislikes the idea of wood. I tried one more time and got "The Stare". I know how to pick my battles so I gave up to find another solution. I have thought of marble but I had such an experience doing my kitchen in my other house I'm not up to the task. I got what the stone store said was granite and it turned out to be Antartide marble. I have people in my house that are not the neatest and it's been pretty hard to keep it looking nice. We thought it would be our foreverhouse buy now I know we will move one more time in around five years. I have to keep it pretty for the people who will eventually buy my house. My cabinets sit on those counters so cannot be changed out..so they better love the whole kitchen because that kitchen is forever until they decide to change it. I will always keep this house so I may brave the marble when I totally redo this one.

• PRO
    EcoHaven
    8 anni fa

Walnut would be amazing! It will surround your sink, so it will need a good water-repellant sealant and some care to sop up any serious wetness. I imagine you are getting "The Stare" from the hubby due to maintenance concerns, but I think with some minimal vigilance, you guys should be good. Besides that, he probably doesn't think anything needs to be changed at all, am I right? He's looking at a perfectly good countertop, and thinking "Works for me!" :) I say play your "he usually defers to me" card on this one!

lovetodecorate ha ringraziato EcoHaven
  • lovetodecorate
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

We have been married long enough to know when to keep my mouth shut! Haha!

• PRO
    JayMarc Homes
    8 anni fa

We often use a quarts that resembles marble in our bathrooms. on of our favorites in by Pental and is called carrara. We like it because of the soft color with sublet movements, similar to what your looking for. http://pentalonline.com/search/index.php?id_product=431&controller=product

lovetodecorate ha ringraziato JayMarc Homes
  • lovetodecorate
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Thank you for the link. I will definitely check that color out. It looks really pretty..

• lovetodecorate
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

I found my Quartz! It's called Carrara Grigio from Q from MSI. I haven't seen much on it but tested it and it seems durable. Since it will only be on my island it should be fine in any case. I'm so excited! The picture has two samples of Carrara Grigio on my uba tuba that will stay on the perimeter counters. Thanks to you all!

• Caren Thomas
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

Love to decorate - how did the carrara grigio work out? Do you have any pics?

• meghnak23
    3 anni fa

@lovetodecorate so how did it work out w/ the Carrara Grigio? I'm also in search of an off-white (or antique white) quartz with a marble look so i'd love to hear how you like it, and see pics if you're up for sharing. thanks!!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".