Houzz Logo Print
edubya

POLL: How do you want your home to feel?

Emily H
8 anni fa

In a word, how do you want your home to feel?

VOTE and tell us about it in the comments!

Custom Architecture · Maggiori informazioni

Calming
Luxurious
Happy
Energetic
Playful
Creative
Productive
Dramatic
Cheerful
Glamorous
Cozy
Refreshing
Other - Tell us below!

Commenti (92)

• Betty Stoddard
    8 anni fa

Inviting, comfortable with whimsy. I greet friends with hugs...and that's the way I want my 1950 cottage to be... open, inviting, welcoming. Hugs are all those things and more. Whimsy gives me the freedom to be creative & share smiles.

So come visit... A hug awaits you!! From my home...and from me.

[oops...there were several answers I had...and began to check them. Discovered this is a 1-choice vote!]

• dmhafner
    8 anni fa

First word that comes to mind is comfortable. I hate walking into a house and feeling like I cannot touch anything and need to ask where to sit. I want family, friends, and anyone else who comes to my home to feel comfortable.

• SueBee
    8 anni fa

The word my friends use to describe my home is "homey" and that's how I want it to feel. It's a relaxing, comfy home.

• R A. Biron
    8 anni fa
    Warm for sure but also inviting, peaceful, safe and an expression of me.
  • PRO
    Gloria Jaroff, A.I.A.
    8 anni fa

The home should tell you the way it wants to feel. It is a living, breathing entity telling its own STORY depending on five things: The lighting, orientation (North,East,South,West), building materials, landscaping and the surrounding stories of buildings in the neighborhood and the community. Let it speak.

• PRO
    Cleveland Designs
    8 anni fa

I want my Home to feel like HOME, a safe place where memories are made, a place I plan to take my last breath on this Earth from my Bed in my Home. I can travel and come back to a space that is HOME. I have planted tree's that I will watch grow and change with the seasons. Someday, it will become someone else's HOME, I will leave it in a state of zen, relaxation, and a place that has been well taken care of.

• cooperativa
    8 anni fa

Welcoming and comfortable.

• PRO
    Marybeth Chillemi-Franklin
    8 anni fa

I want my home to feel soothing to my soul and the soul of whoever might be visiting. It needs to comfort and offer insulation from all the madness of life. My gardens should revitalize and offer promise while my bedroom should speak of tranquility. My hope is that every room should speak to me and feel like my personality can shine through.

• nancyburridge
    8 anni fa

Beautiful! That word for me encompasses functionality, comfort and pleasing to the eye. I believe that being surrounded by beauty adds immensely to self worth, confidence and achievement in every aspect of our lives! Beauty demonstrates "life worth living!"

• queenienat
    8 anni fa
    I like a mixture of styles. Luxurious, cozy and happy
  • Maureen Sullivan
    8 anni fa

I want my house to be comfortable but very pulled together with some uniqueness about the decor.

• Jeremy Long
    8 anni fa
    Welcoming
  • mmsamuels
    8 anni fa
    Welcoming
  • Brandi Rea
    8 anni fa
    Happy and cozy
  • acm
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

hostile and underappreaciated.

just kidding! :) probably just "comfortable," which isn't quite cozy or calming, but a bit of both, or "homey"...

• Kathleen
    8 anni fa
    A reflection of who we are, where we have been and what we cherish.
  • Peggy Patrick
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

I would like my home to welcome friends and family and make their time comfy and relaxing as possible but again not for to comfy that they won't leave... haha you have nothing if you don't have People to share it with so it doesn't really matter what your home looks like

• susanaz51
    8 anni fa

I like to think my home is serene, quiet and welcoming. You enter into a peaceful living/dining area and pass to the activity center, which is the kitchen family room. There is always someone looking for food and I love to cook. My home is my sanctuary and all are welcome. Make a mess if you like, I will always straighten it out when everyone leaves.

• sunrise617
    8 anni fa
    inviting/charming
  • addavis5058
    8 anni fa

I love the house picture above. Is there a floor plan for it? It makes me feel welcomed and safe. It has character and brings out the child in me. I want to investigate all the spaces and find a few that I can call mine alone. I'd love to build this house on a hill with lots of views of the mountains and plant mighty oak trees to give it shade in the summers.

• suezbell
    8 anni fa

Comfortable rather than "cozy" because "cozy" can imply a too small rather than a more roomy feel.

• patrinkac
    8 anni fa
    My intent will be zen like and serene. I'm clipping catalogs and magazines....
  • Cheryl Meigs
    8 anni fa

Inviting.

• Sharon
    8 anni fa

Welcoming.

• tbwalbridge
    8 anni fa

Inviting

• Momof5x
    8 anni fa

Homey and hearty.

• Rasha Olama
    8 anni fa

I guess "happy" sums up all the other choices.

• Myriam Hernandez
    8 anni fa

When friends come over my house they define it with one word "peaceful".

• cabotmama
    8 anni fa

Welcoming, hospitable, peaceful. For me, achieving those feelings requires just the right balance of clean & orderly with lived in & approachable. With four children ages ten and under, keeping the home clean & orderly is a challenge while lived in happens naturally! :)

• ljdcom
    8 anni fa

Warm welcoming casual , guest friendly.,kid friendly animal friendly.. a big warm comfortable hug with a few elements of surprises thrown in to keeps things interesting unique and fun..

• Valerie Jackson
    8 anni fa

All of the above???

• orangefishdream
    8 anni fa
    Welcoming and relaxing and creative
  • mynxr
    8 anni fa

Welcoming. In a phrase, Kick off your shoes and stay a while

• mom3333
    8 anni fa

I voted:

Creative

That's why we feel 'at home' here. The outside of the house, and the cottage garden, show that creative people live here too

• PRO
    Morrone Interiors
    8 anni fa

Its hard to pick just one! All of the above? :)

• PRO
    Colorful Concepts Interior Design
    8 anni fa

A breath of fresh air after a hard day's work.

• modlodgeluv
    7 anni fa

we want our home to reflect us, both the aspirations + that which grounds us. to honestly reflect our practical needs, our loves, senses of fun and to pay homage to collective (family) and personal histories. it means a household that changes and morphs - and hopefully evolves - as we do.

• PRO
    Akerman Flooring, LLC (NH)zn5
    7 anni fa
    I chose productive because st the moment with almost every room in our new home being remodeled in some way, I would like to see organization and then I'd choose calming cause it's stressful to the max right now getting this house complete.
  • Laura Pickler
    7 anni fa
    My husband works from home so we need his office to promote efficiency and productivity. However, the rest of the house is mainly used for the family to recharge and relax or for entertaining.
  • mom3333
    7 anni fa

I answered this 6 mos ago, but last night, as my husband and I watched something on HGTV, another answer surfaced. On it, a woman stated that she 'loved her house.'
    When we bought our house 35 yrs ago, we bought it because the 90 yr old invalid woman who lived here was going into a home for folks like her. The home was to get all the proceeds from the sale.
    My sister, an RN, took care of her at the hospital a few years later, and when my sister introduced herself, the very first question Mrs Preston asked "Are they taking care of my house?
    The house was built in 1915, with the newlywed Prestons buying it in 1918. We bought it in 1980, newlyweds ourselves, and it was obviously well loved. They loved it the way it was when thy bought it. Woodwork unpainted, no remodeling really except changing the heating fuel.
    We still love it, have changed it a bit to take care of our growing family (the Preston's never had any kids) and have tried to compliment the 'good bones' construction.
    So my answer now is:

LOVED.

• PRO
    Gregory Interiors
    7 anni fa

A home should be beautiful and elegant but comfortable first!

• artsyphartsy_home_maker
    7 anni fa

It was a toss up between 'happy' and 'creative', I wound up choosing happy but really need it to be both.

• PRO
    Cameron's Design
    7 anni fa

I'd say a combination between comforting and creative. I'm always trying new design accents, but at the end of the day I just love a place to relax and recoup!

• PRO
    Raegan Ford Interior Design
    7 anni fa

For sure happy :)

• armipeg
    7 anni fa

Cozy, for sure.

• PRO
    Juliettes Interiors Ltd
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

A true home should reflect your own personality, whatever your style or taste. It can be your sanctuary, your haven, and its where memories are made. 'Happy' covers it I think!

• PRO
    Pearl Remodeling
    6 anni fa

It should feel like a place of rest- even if it is loud or dramatic, because it feels like an expression of yourself and your family- everything feels as it should be.

• PRO
    Steven Corley Randel, Architect
    6 anni fa

√ Sophisticated

• Ann Sutter
    6 anni fa

Inviting - I want it to be a place where people want to be and look forward to spending time there.

• Mars SC Zone 8b Mars
    3 anni fa

Cozy, Calming, and happy!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".