Houzz Logo Print
rlhackbarth

Need cabinet installation advice

Hi,
We are installing new cabinets this weekend and need a little installation advice. We are installing a cabinet that will sit directly on the granite, so we will need to wait to install that cabinet after the installation of the granite. How can we be sure that we are installing all of the cabinets at the correct height without the granite in place? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Commenti (3)

• ritting28
    8 anni fa
    I would wait to install the upper cabinets. Don't see how they can install the granite counters with cabinets installed, because they have to be able to maneuver the slab. They may trash the cabinets if they don't have wiggle room..
  • acm
    8 anni fa

Well, installers somehow manage it all the time... (??)

What is the sort of cabinet that sits on the granite -- an appliance garage? I recently did something like that in a recent rehab, and only that one piece waited for the stone. I honestly don't know whether they relied on the precise measurement of the granite ordered or if there was/is some forgiveness in the fit of single pieces that go in between, but I suspect the latter. I'd check that point with whoever sold you the cabinets. But upper cabinet height is pretty standard anyway, so I doubt that it would be expected to change with a millimeter or two of counter variability.

• PRO
    Tallahassee Kitchen Center, Inc.
    8 anni fa

Could you share some more information with us so we can get a better idea of how to help? Have you already ordered cabinets, and if so how did you determine the cabinet height? Are the cabinets going to the ceiling like in the photo attached, and if so what size crown molding are you using? What specific part of the installation process are you curious about?

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".