Houzz Logo Print
petalnack

Garden in progress

Peter Butler
8 anni fa

I've posted my back garden in the dilemma section before and wanted to repost it in here to share my progress.

This is what the garden looked like when we first moved in.

We started by doing a little tiding up of weeding, trimming bushes and cutting the grass.

Next we removed the circular patio, removed a bush, tree stumps and removed soil.

Then winter came so covered over the areas where weeds were growing to help keep those to a minimum.

Now that Spring is back we started by adding more turf although i may have rushed it and may need to redo it... lesson learned.. but i saved a lot of money by building my own large wood planters.

We also filled in the front with Slate chippings and trimmed the Red Robin Bush to the shape of tree...which i think looks alot better. (1st image).

So thats where the garden is up to so far... i'll post more images when i get a little further along... the idea is to get have a garden like this but we changed the front section for the wooden planters.

Comments are welcome... thanks for looking.

Commenti (8)

• Peter Butler
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

Hi Panna... im hoping the 5 hedges that i planted at the back will cover that back fence eventually as the large tree has grown into the concrete that holds the fence up and split it so i don't really want to replace that fence... as for the other panels... i might repaint them a very dark brown. All the perennials will be planted at a later date as i need to get a lot more top soil.

• Peter Butler
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Here's an update to where my garden transformation is at. Happy with the progress so far
  • pannacotta
    8 anni fa

Looks great. Some climbers along the back fence would look great too and soften the boundaries.

Peter Butler ha ringraziato pannacotta
  • louisep2012
    8 anni fa
    Did the turf take or did you re do it? Looks good!
    Peter Butler ha ringraziato louisep2012
  • Peter Butler
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Hi Louise, the turf has taken in parts but looks better on the picture than it does up close.

• Tina
    7 anni fa

It's a lovely garden. How does it look one year on?

• PRO
    Gina Agro
    7 anni fa
    Hi!
    You did an amazing job! You garden has a clear structure now which is a necessary aesthetics.
    I agree with Pannacota - adding some perennials would soften the edges - I, personally, would prefer it the way - although the garden is already beautiful. You may also play with bulbs this autumn - maybe even sporadically plant crocuses into your turf to have a flower carpet in the spring.
    But, an amazing job and a labor of love indeed.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".