Houzz Logo Print
rengle9

Need help! Does it go or stay?

rengle9
9 anni fa

We bought new furniture for our great room. In the old set there was a small leather recliner. The new set arrived while I was at work and when I came home, the other items were gone, except for the leather rocker. My wife claims the leather rocker goes with the other pieces in the set. I disagree and would like to relocate the recliner. Your thoughts?

Commenti (11)

• Miranda Rose
    9 anni fa
    It matches alright I guess but certainly not when its made to look like a match with the other chair! Try I another place in the room. In a corner by the stairs ect. Either that it movie the other chair.
    rengle9 ha ringraziato Miranda Rose
  • bewareofzebra
    9 anni fa
    Ditto: those chairs look odd next to each other. Ditch the old chair!
    rengle9 ha ringraziato bewareofzebra
  • Karen Baumhardt
    9 anni fa
    Get rid of it. It just doesn't work with the new furniture.
    rengle9 ha ringraziato Karen Baumhardt
  • Renesme
    9 anni fa
    get rid of it, or move it to another room. Not right for the other furniture.
    rengle9 ha ringraziato Renesme
  • Susan Davis
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa

Recliners are part of your life. But the scale of this one looks out of balance with the rest of the room. Put the new chair next to the fireplace and go buy a new recliner that is more inline with style scale and color of your new furniture. It will all look better and not arresting, and in a bad way, as it does now. I am sure you can find a new recliner just as comfortable with more compatible lines to the new pieces. La z boy makes some really pretty comfortable stuff.

rengle9 ha ringraziato Susan Davis
  • User
    9 anni fa
    The new set looks pretty much like the old set. Matchy blue leather sofas and chairs.
    rengle9 ha ringraziato User
  • Susan Davis
    9 anni fa

The new set has a contemporary styling to it.

Media Room · Maggiori informazioni

This sofa is from Ethan Allen and I think it won a furniture design award when it was first shown. It feels wonderful and could work in the room.

Cedar Lake International Style · Maggiori informazioni

This chair is also a classic and looks great in any room with a modern vibe.

Newhall Addition · Maggiori informazioni

There is a lot to choose from with a definite contemporary edge, so I would shop and see if you like anything better than what you have, because I think you can do better and make the room perfect all over and everyone happy.

rengle9 ha ringraziato Susan Davis
  • Stefanie
    9 anni fa
    I would relocate the recliner. Looks weird where it is.
    rengle9 ha ringraziato Stefanie
  • User
    9 anni fa
    Sorry, I don't call the style of the sofas or chair contemporary or modern, it reads very traditional on my computer screen.
    rengle9 ha ringraziato User
  • rengle9
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

Thank you everyone for your comments. Our home is very old world / traditional for sure. I think I agree we should either remove and leave it as-is or remove and buy something that is a better match / look.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".