Houzz Logo Print
cpartist

Stonework or no stonework?

cpartist
9 anni fa

We are building a craftsman style house. The lower half of the house will be stucco and the second floor will be hardie board wood look siding. I have two options for the front, with and without the stonework. Which do you prefer and why? Thank you in advance.

Commenti (5)

• Judy Mishkin
    9 anni fa

all of the sudden a house can look a bit busy when you've checked off too many options. i'd say keep it on the bottom of the porch posts and thats it.

cpartist ha ringraziato Judy Mishkin
  • Judy Mishkin
    9 anni fa

a related anecdote... we live in a historic district (victorian) and what initially surprised me was that while i expected you werent allowed to remove details from your house, you arent allowed to add any, even if period correct, either, unless there exists photographic evidence that such detail had originally been on the house. i came to realize that if i added corbels and brackets and gingerbread and lots of froufrou my house would look like Disneyland, not like a victorian at all. sometimes less is better.

• cpartist
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

Thank you.

• PRO
    Glacier Stone Supply, LLC
    8 anni fa

Beautiful design. However it would be in our ever so biased opinion that stone placed correctly can add curb appeal. Good luck on your project!

• snied99
    8 anni fa

I like the design with the stone all the way across the house. The first picture with the stone just on the porch while beautiful, looks like most others.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".