Houzz Logo Print
noemi_garcia2197

Does this living room layout work or is there a better layout

Noemi Garcia
9 anni fa
I'm looking for suggestions to see if this is the best layout for my living room. Is more of a "formal" livingroom so we don't have a tv in the room. We use it as a sitting more when we have company over. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Commenti (4)

• PRO
    Christmas Lights, Etc
    9 anni fa

the setup looks very cozy and inviting

• Felix Pradas-Bergnes
    9 anni fa

Try this, move the desk and file cabinet to the window. Move the two upholstered chairs to either side of the Diego Rivera print. Move the sofa to the where the desk/office set up is right now.

• Nicole Lewis
    9 anni fa

Lovely room! I don't care for the desk backing up to the railing. I can't really see the other wall where you have a shelf with a white lantern on the bottom? Could the desk go there? I'm assuming the other chest next to the desk is a file cabinet? Would either the file cabinet or shelf with the white lantern fit under the wall mounted fireplace? It needs a piece of furniture under it to hide the cord. Then I would try the couch facing the fireplace, but not up against the railing because I think that would be too far away, and try the two chairs in front of the window. Please paint around the window the same color as the room (that accent around the window, while a nice color, is very 1990's). Then I would add floor length drapery panels to frame the window. Also, turn the rug the other direction, so that it fits into the window area. Great room!

• PRO
    SimpleDecoratingTips.com
    9 anni fa

I feel that there isn't really much of a focal point or symmetry to the room.

I'd try this:
    Put the desk things in the bay window, but facing out into the room, so that when you sit at the desk, your back it towards the window.

Place the sofa along the railing side of the room, but not against it, leave a foot or so of space, so it feels free floating and thus will visually enlarge the space.

Then place the two chairs at a right angle to each other, one with it's back towards the wall where there is a plant next to it currently, and the other facing towards the window.

You will need a table and lamp between the two chairs. (maybe that one that's in the corner currently? it's too dark and I can't totally see it)
    And the coffee table needs to be moved to about 14" in front of the sofa, uniting with it, not free floating in the middle of the room.
    Then the tall floor lamp you have needs to just be set behind the sofa on the wall side, between the sofa and railing. It should not be a focal point at all, but just an accent piece offering light for your sofa.

Hope that works for you. That'll give you a start... then I'd redo some of the artwork placement too...
    Liz www.HometoCottage.com

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".