Houzz Logo Print
edubya

What's the first thing you do when you come home?

Emily H
9 anni fa

Imagine this, you pull into your driveway. You get out of your car and walk towards your door. Once inside you... What do you do?

Share your experience! (photos encouraged)

Decatur Craftsman · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (121)

• Erika
    9 anni fa
    Plug in my car, hang up my purse, greet my dogs, then head to the kitchen to plug in my phone, get a glass of ice water and to see what's going on with everyone else.
  • azrinarosli
    9 anni fa
    Say hi to the cats and dogs!
  • lexnick4
    9 anni fa
    Say hi to my smiling baby boy!
  • chrissiekirk
    9 anni fa

Hubby is retired; I work part time...when I come home from the office he is waiting for me in the garage so that he can direct my car in as if I were a 737 going into a hangar...I take off my shoes (never, ever walk around your house in your street shoes!), hang up my car keys, tell him the stupid stuff that happened in the office and then run to put my lounging attire on...take a deep sigh and love being in my beautiful home once again.

• PRO
    Curtain Call
    9 anni fa

Love the part about the 737.

• asrofe
    9 anni fa
    Put my things down, let the dog out and grab the mail.
  • lefty47
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa

HI -- I just read each and every comment and enjoyed them too. Funny how we all sort of do the same things . Dismantling , de stressing , greeting hubby and kids and pets . Just shows that we are all just living in the same big ant hill doesn't it ! ! I wish you all a wonderful weekend !

• Parrie Smith
    9 anni fa
    FIRST thing- get out of these!
  • Bridget White
    9 anni fa

Get warm, sleepy kisses and cuddles from two just-woke-up spoiled rotten pooches!

• Shirley
    9 anni fa

Greet Hubby, the dog and the cat, change into a house dress.

• susanne5
    9 anni fa

!. The first thing that I do when I come home is, take off my shoes.

• Laurel Ennis
    9 anni fa

Try to say hello to a frantically leaping puppy punctuated with sounds like, "Umph! Ow! Down, Cricket!"

• Valerie Devereux
    9 anni fa
    I get the cat a couple of treats, then feed the dog. Let the dog out and go to the bathroom, myself.
  • Suzann Lauer
    9 anni fa

I am greeted immediately by my little buddy Miska with lots of kisses!

• dclostboy
    9 anni fa

Say hello to the cutest puppy ever

• Len
    9 anni fa
    Take off my shoes and wash my hands.
  • Carmen Julia Villegas
    9 anni fa

close the door, drop my purse and keys and walk right to my room and lied down in bed.

• Jolene
    9 anni fa
    Herd children, take off shoes, hang keys, greet dogs.
  • Angie
    9 anni fa
    Pretty much.
  • Depo
    9 anni fa
    Hit the powder room.
  • jen046
    9 anni fa
    Drop my purse, go up and change into comfy lounging clothes (lose the undergarments!), start a nice playlist (Friday is for the Sinatra playlist) pour two glasses of wine and talk with hubby until we've relaxed enough to start dinner. On Friday, substitute dry, gin martinis for the glasses of wine.
  • Snaggy
    9 anni fa

Being British ....I put the kettle on !!

• pdk920
    9 anni fa

Yes to the kettle, though I'm not British (not for many generations, at least!)

• caryf
    9 anni fa
    Kick off my shoes. It's a Texas thang ya'll.
  • CAS
    9 anni fa

Hug and kiss my wonderful husband then our beautiful German Shepherd. Love them both!

• Nina
    9 anni fa
    Put the purse and keys away, make sure homework is being done or is finished, then start dinner...
  • Kristi Traynor
    9 anni fa
    I put all my crap down and go pee.
  • km kane
    9 anni fa

Gee, thanks Kristy! And all those who had to tell us about undergarments and bathroom use! Or maybe, gee thanks Emily, for such a useful question.

TMI maybe??? ;) (thank goodness for the dog answers.....)

• pdk920
    9 anni fa

Well, nothing like honesty, I guess!

• Lynda
    9 anni fa
    Put my keys and purse down, pick up my pug for some hugs and kisses, then go change into lounging clothes and slippers.
  • Kathleen
    8 anni fa
    Stare at the kitchen counter clutter that wasn't there when I left. Put on old comfy clothes. Adult beverage time.
  • mom3333
    8 anni fa

Let out the first group of dogs.

I have 2 groups that cannot be together, so 15 minutes later, switch them

• beckers49
    8 anni fa

Wash my hands with soap and water.. metro ride (and just walking) feels yucky.

• User
    8 anni fa
    I say, "I hate this house" and go look at houses for sale :(.
  • verreytasse
    8 anni fa

Kiss my husband.

• Lynne Mysliwiec
    8 anni fa

Tell my cats they cannot go into the garage (they are always waiting eagerly at the door for me to come in), put my keys on the table next to the door so I don't have to go looking for them, give Boo and Buddy some attention, then feed them.

• User
    8 anni fa

Take off shoes and put away groceries.

• Lynne Mysliwiec
    8 anni fa

Kudos to everyone who shops daily...I usually wait until my refrigerator contains only condiments and bottles of water.

• Najeebah
    8 anni fa
    say a prayer and thank the Lord
    greet the family and house
    offload and change clothing (I don't hate my bra though...)

then it depends on which is stronger...
    hunger pulls me to the kitchen
    fatigue pulls me to the bed
    nature pulls me to the bathroom
    none of the above and I end up on the couch for a while
  • Tia
    8 anni fa

take off my "outside shoes" ... no "outside shoes" are allowed in my homes including my own louboutins, then wash my hands. no exception even if I am going to pat my dog next!

• januarisun
    8 anni fa

Put my keys away, take off my shoes, wash my hands.

• cocoanlace
    8 anni fa

I start scooping litter boxes and getting the cats' food into their dishes. It can be tricky. If I take too long getting canned food open and served, one cat might take a dump outside one of the dirty litter boxes, not wishing to wait on me any longer. Meanwhile, really hungry cats are crying and tripping me because I am scooping boxes instead of feeding them. I am a Human Slave. (Photos of the little brats in their new Christmas beds.)

• irma_stpete_10a
    3 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 3 anni fa

Put down my purse and head to pee. Hey, when you are 77 and have been sitting in the car for a while, I bet you will do that too.

• User
    3 anni fa

Bra comes off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

• enajasereht
    3 anni fa

Depends on what time of year it is. In winter, add firewood to the woodstove so it doesn't die out. In warmer seasons kick off my shoes.

• PRO
    First Street Builders
    3 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 3 anni fa

For some reason (I don't know what) this discussion popped up on my Houzz feed. It opened at the bottom with the latest comments so I scrolled up to the top to see where it came from and what it was all about. To my amazement, the photo there is of a house I built in Decatur, GA. Why it's in this discussion I don't know but I'm glad to see it. That photo has been saved literally thousands of times, as have many others from the project which you can see by clicking on the "more info" button below it.

Of all the photos of the project, I think that one is one of the least interesting. It's just a straight on shot of the front. The one I like most is the one attached, which being at night is a little "moody".

In any case, thanks for including one of my photos. And if you haven't gone to see the rest of them, click on that info button below.

Decatur Craftsman · Maggiori informazioni

• User
    3 anni fa

It’s a Very Beautiful Home ☺️

• User
    3 anni fa

And if I had read the question fully (in reference to coming home to this), my response would be... Ahhhh... I’d enjoy the serenity of the trees with this lovely home nestled in them. I’d make myself a cup of tea, listen to an audiobook and just relax. Beautiful home!

• felizlady
    3 anni fa

First Street Builders....this is a charming home with beautiful colors in a gorgeous setting.
    Dunwoody, Georgia may be far from many, but you have been given a great bit of good advertising which may bring you a few jobs. If I were coming home to this house, I would smile and say “So pretty!” before pulling into the driveway....every time.

• PRO
    First Street Builders
    3 anni fa

Thanks for your kind remarks. This house is one of my very favorites. Having this opportunity has been a blessing.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".