Houzz Logo Print
carolynfrager

Need Update Advice

carolynfrager
9 anni fa

We just bought a house! I am torn on how to update this living room. I would like to paint the wood white but am unsure if I should leave the wooden beams as exposed wood and stain darker? Definitely a new light fixture and remove popcorn ceilings. Ideas are welcome!

Commenti (3)

• PRO
    Christmas Lights, Etc
    9 anni fa

Depending on how you like the color of the fireplace surround, don't overlook your options in paint color on brick. Darker stain on wood and a lighter paint on surround and walls might offer a nice contrast.

• miacometlady
    9 anni fa
    What year is this home? Is there hardwoods underneath the carpet? Will the carpet be coming up? Can we see the view of the room from the other side? And can we have a close-up of the wainscoting?
  • palimpsest
    9 anni fa

I don't think the reddish orange wall color is doing that woodwork any favors. I would cover that with primer before I made any decisions about the wood.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".