Houzz Logo Print
andreaflanders

What window treatments to over for sliding glass doors?

I have two sets of sliding glass doors in my living room going out to my sunroom. There is some sort of a cornice board over each set of doors (it was built to house a thermal shade to keep cold air out). We ripped out the thermal shade and have no desire to remove the cornice board because it will mess up moldings, paint & ceiling. What should I do with it? Maybe paint or stencil the cornice board? Maybe hang a valance? I did have a curtain panel on each side but it blocks my pretty view outside. Help :-)

Commenti (4)

• 9 anni fa

What is the function of window coverings in this case? The doors look fine as is.

• 9 anni fa

Just leave the cornice. It looks fine. It looks like it matches the paint on the walls. Don't accentuate it with a stencil.

• PRO
    9 anni fa

That cornice mentioned is basically your valence. As apple_pie mentioned in the post it's going to hinge on what you want to do. Block light, keep heat out/in, allow for the door to be open but keep bugs out. It looks as if this just opens into another room so the question becomes even more important.

• 9 anni fa

thank you! It just leads into an enclosed sunroom with a very pretty view. I think I might paint it white or leave it as is..it's growing on me now! Thanks!

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".