Houzz Logo Print
karenlee01

Marble mosaic in bathroom

karenlee01
9 anni fa
I'd like to use a marble mosaic in a band as a feature on the bathroom wall but I've been told the edges can't be cut straight enough to butt up to a rectified tile. If they can't be cut, what is their intended application?
Mosaics + Patterns · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (4)

• PRO
    Birdblack Design
    9 anni fa
    Hi Karen they can be cut, the only difference is if you are doing a tile strip then you're going to want to make sure the mosaics sit flush against the other wall tiles. Marble is generally thicker than ceramic so your tiler will need to pack out behind the ceramic tiles to compensate. Tile tile strip looks is a fairly dated trend, you'll see it a lot in spec builder's display homes but that's about it. If you look at any of the latest design trends you'll find marble mosaics much better suited to full walls on application. Whether behind a bath or vanity wall it looks fanatic on a larger scale rather than the old style vertical strip. Hope this helps.
  • karenlee01
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Thanks Birdblack design. I will rethink using the mosaic in this room. I have an ensuite where I could use it on most of the wall but I would like to stop the marble before the shower begins. The tiler is telling me he can't cut a clean enough edge to have that edge exposed though.
  • PRO
    M2TILES
    9 anni fa
    Hi Karen,
    Peter from M2tiles here, yes these can be cut neatly if the tiler users a correct electric saw for stone . Our product of marble mosaics are the same thickness as a standard gloss or mat white tile which we also sell. If your heart is set on using a border or strip down the wall then do it there will always be trends, yes the latest is feature walls and block designs next year it will be something else .
  • karenlee01
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Thanks Peter, I will have a further discussion with my tiler.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".