Houzz Logo Print
gleitch

Staging formal dining room advice request...

gleitch
9 anni fa

Here is my formal dining room. I'm looking for staging advice - (putting the house up for sale). House is a tudor. Interior design is mostly french country, cottage & traditional style. Formal dining room can be seen from all major living areas of the house (foyer, kitchen, family room) which are all in cottage white, turquoise and sage green colors. Willing to buy new furniture, decor, lighting and window coverings. Current paint is a light taupe on a skip trowel drywall texture. Any woods need to look ok with the adjoining paneled foyer which is a medium warm brown stain. Room just looks dull, lifeless, old and uninviting, right? Thank you in advance! :)

Commenti (11)

• PRO
    flair lighting
    9 anni fa

all your pictures are sideways.....

• PRO
    flair lighting
    9 anni fa

ok,
    center the table buffet, mirror to the chandelier.
    remove the shades from the chandelier.
    take the gold box off the console.
    have only 4 chairs. put two to the inside of the door way.
    take the vase out of the window.
    I would like to see it with out the rug.
    and longer curtains would be good if possible.

• PRO
    flair lighting
    9 anni fa

• apple_pie_order
    9 anni fa

Beautiful room. Try retaking photos with all the lights on. Upload one to see if it comes out right side up.

• PRO
    Flegel's Interior Design & Furniture
    9 anni fa

I wouldn't buy new furniture if it is just for staging the house. I would start by taking out the piece that is in front of the mirror, it looks over crowded. You should add a tall plant/tree on each sides of the buffet. A colorful flower arrangement in the middle of the table would look beautiful during the open house. The chandelier would need to be updated as well as the drapes. You don't need to do much to have this room look pleasant.

• Nancy Travisinteriors
    9 anni fa
    Sorry for typos, I meant toys not tots. Lol
  • Porter Edun
    6 anni fa

Decluttering is the number one key first.... the blue and white ceramic/porcelain in the window, the larger gold box on the sideboard are a start for the dining area. Can you some how tie back the curtains to look more finished? Not sure that is possible or if the window is right on the front of the house. Yet, when the house is being shown, it would be nice if you can tie them back to make the room appear brighter (even though they are sheer) it will look more finished.

Obviously not a rope :) yet if they are long enough this look would be nice. You can pick something up at Bed/Bath/Beyond very reasonably such as a hook shown below.

Any personal pictures etc. I'd remove the multi framed piece on the wall on the left side of the window as well..... Hate to see you purchase too many things to make this staged.... less is more as mentioned above as people need to visualize what, "their" home would look like vs. your home. Last time I sold a home I baked cookies and left them on a glass covered cake plate right before open house and on a chalk board said, "help yourself". The whole area smelled like fresh baked cookies...

As mentioned above candles and or hidden room scent plugs would work as well. Some scents can be off putting to some and not others :) phew.....

The only single that that jumps out at me are the things mentioned and the chandelier is a bit high and doesn't tie in to the room well.... I still would not invest in a chandelier unless you feel it is going to work out well with the comps and so on when you sell... might cost about 400 minimum to get a new chandy.

• Porter Edun
    6 anni fa

If you are doing FSBO.. turn on the foyer light, the lamps on the sideboard, bedside lamps and the works..... Your agent should know this naturally if you are using an agent :)

• apple_pie_order
    6 anni fa

2015 post.

• Porter Edun
    6 anni fa

Thanks apple pie!! Hope her home sold!! :)

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".