Houzz Logo Print
helen_brown6850

Need help with sitting room- which curtains what colour walls?

Helen Brown
9 anni fa
Hi

we moved into a house in november and I have been putting off decorating this room.
The house is north facing with a tree outside so we get very little light through it. we are eventually going to rent this house out so we dont want anything too personalised

Commenti (9)

• PRO
    Blinds 2go
    9 anni fa
    At the minute, this room is a little too bland. If we were redecorating this room, we'd use a bright, bold colour above the dado rail; a green or purple, and use an off white for the rest, then use this as the basis of the curtains. We think that vertical stripes will help to make the room look grander, elongating your windows, perfect if you're looking to rent. This will make it look contemporary, and that's great for attractive prospective tenants. Finish the look with a bright rug and paint your table and cupboard white.
  • alant1000
    9 anni fa
    I'd opt for light grey blinds and walls
  • Jenny West
    9 anni fa
    And maybe paint that brown wooden cupboard under the shelving white too. Would make it look more like one piece.
  • PRO
    Rachel Usher Interior Design
    9 anni fa
    Good evening!. Well your bay window shape is beautiful and you should make this a feature. Is privacy an issue?, if so opt for plantation shutters where light can still stream in, they look fantastic from the outside too. If privacy isn't an issue, I'd suggest Roman blinds in a beautiful fabric. Romans are a great way of creating a high end look on a limited budget as you don't need a lot of fabric so can opt for a statement fabric. Choose fabric first, lick out a neutral an tailor paint around that. The furniture looks ill fitting, consider a neutral leather with amazing cushions. Lighting is always an issue, and your accent lighting needs to enhance the rooms best side. Lighting these days doesn't need to be expensive to add beautiful statements to a room, look out for filament bulbs, they are amazing, and very cost effective!.
  • PRO
    Rachel Usher Interior Design
    9 anni fa
    This is a light by fritz fryer; beautiful idea.
  • soozmacrae
    9 anni fa
    How about some pale greens, especially as there is a tree outside.
  • PRO
    Shutterly Fabulous
    9 anni fa
    As Rachel Usher suggest above, you could consider shutters instead of curtains - they can open right back to let in as much light as possible, and a glossy finish would actually bounce a bit of light around - as well as highlighting that gorgeous bay-window shape. A soft taupe colour or stone would work with the existing carpet too?
  • PRO
    ARC Bespoke Interiors
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

if your house is going to be rented go simple white wash the whole house giving the modern feeling, white or even black curtains, you should keep the colour neutral, colours like the popular magnolia wall, white ceiling and wood work, leaving the rooms bright and light , more chance in your property to be rented out quicker

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".