Houzz Logo Print
natalie_tyler

Help! The kitchen is off scale and to small...

Natalie Tyler
9 anni fa

Wanted open concept, but the kitchen is to small for us, and on paper looks to small compared to other rooms and large empty spaces. This floorplan is paid for and off to the engineers, so I'm limited to structural changes. Was thinking a peninsula? Two islands? How to bump it out without it looking strange. Thanks for any suggestions.

Commenti (7)

• PRO
    Kitchen Works LLC
    9 anni fa
    First thing that comes to mind is that a peninsula would make it feel even smaller as there would only be one way in and out of the kitchen. Given that your design is set and plans are off to the engineer, it sounds like we will need to focus on making the best of the L-shape with an island or two. I have some ideas and suggestions. Could you share with us your style preferences? Traditional? Contemporary? etc. Thanks...Philip
  • Natalie Tyler
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Thank you Phillip! Farmhouse/ traditional. Even a little modern is ok. Do you see a way to "stretch" the kitchen out? Two islands is an interesting thought. One would have the range. The other the eating bar? As long as there is enough room to maneuver. Thanks again! Natalie
  • Natalie Tyler
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

Thank you so much for all your great ideas! Kitchen designing is really stressful for the lay person thanks for taking your time to consult and write natalie

• dsebak
    9 anni fa
    The L counter with chairs is brilliant.
    Natalie Tyler ha ringraziato dsebak
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    9 anni fa

Agree this is a good sized kitchen in comparison with the rest of the space. Consider a walk in pantry for more storage.

Natalie Tyler ha ringraziato Dytecture
  • PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    9 anni fa

Hi Natalie... I think Philip gave you some wonderful suggestions... I would also take the cooktop off the island unless you make a change to the shape and size of it... I can't see the dimensions on you plans, but I do like the l-shaped island with seating or stretching it out longer towards the dining area... while you can't make any structural changes, you can move appliances around to create the work space you desire instead of what's on the plan. You will also need to take into consideration the furniture in adjacent areas so you don't compromise those areas with the expansion of the island....I would suggest finding a designer you can connect with to help with some layouts....

Good luck and have fun!

Natalie Tyler ha ringraziato Debbi Washburn
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".