Family Room · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (30)

• PRO
    User
    9 anni fa
    Tell us a little about what you are trying to accomplish.
  • Khalisha Roberts
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa

Looking for a contemporary style with a pop of color. Maybe an idea for upholstered chairs as opposed to leather. Although, we did have an idea for a burgundy leather chair. We are just concerned about making the area dark. I believe the idea is more to brighten the room.

• PRO
    Guildery
    9 anni fa
    Have you thought about accent drapes, pillows and a pair of x-bench ottomans that all coordinate? You have a great room to work with, just need to pull it together with accents. Let me know if you'd like some suggestions!
    Khalisha Roberts ha ringraziato Guildery
  • OldGrayMare
    9 anni fa
    Nice start! Like the punch of color from the pillows. Now, you need to bring so,e of that color up to the walls...but in little bits...maybe one or two paintings/prints with a base of blue and just accents of orange, gold, maybe even red. Check out Art.com. I'll post some ideas in the abstract genre....the furniture is modern, so going that way. Oh, and get a tray for the ottoman.
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    9 anni fa

First, turn the ottoman and get a tray for it.

Pillows are too shiny for the leather and too fussy for the rug. You should consider incorporating the kitchen cabinet color into your living space.

• Anne Marsh
    9 anni fa
    Look at pottery barn for spring ! They have what you are looking for ! You just need art work with same colors and some drapes and plants
  • pcmom1
    9 anni fa

My first thought was that patterned panels on the windows would warm up the space.

Chancery Place House · Maggiori informazioni

• Jennifer Abbott
    9 anni fa

Your off to a great start. Can you put the ottoman in a different room? I suggest a round coffee table in it's place. Don't get a leather chair (although I love the sectional), get a fabric chair instead. The rug doesn't seem quite right. Can you pull it forward to the back of the sectional isn't on the rug?

• Jennifer Abbott
    9 anni fa

"so" the back isn't on the rug, not "to" the back. Sorry!

• PRO
    Holly Anderson Fine Art
    9 anni fa

Abstract Blue Brown And Gold Textured Painting "TRANSCEND" · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    Holly Anderson Fine Art
    9 anni fa

36x48 Large Wall Art Abstract Red Paintings, Fluid Acrylic Abstract Floral · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    Holly Anderson Fine Art
    9 anni fa

Contemporary Abstract Art for Modern Spaces -CARTE POSTALE · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    Holly Anderson Fine Art
    9 anni fa

Heavily Textured Multicolored Abstract Painting Geometric bold art FROLIC · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    Holly Anderson Fine Art
    9 anni fa

thats just a few fun ones, don't want to fill up your comments !

• PRO
    Holly Anderson Fine Art
    9 anni fa

Orange and Black abstract zen paintings BALANCE by holly anderson artist · Maggiori informazioni

a triptych would go excellent, too

• Khalisha Roberts
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

No feel free. These are great ideas. Do you think we should keep the color down to one?

• Khalisha Roberts
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

My mother bought this pillow to go along with the sectional.

• Susan Davis
    9 anni fa

Find curtains and find art work; I think curtains are more limited so select that first and you will probably need a bigger rug so rug first then curtains then artwork than paint and accessories.

Looks great so far.

• pcmom1
    9 anni fa

Seems like traffic thru the room would work better with sectional against the long wall.

• pcmom1
    9 anni fa

Some curtains thru houzz:

Isles-Printed Cotton Single-Panel Curtain, Mustard, 50"x120" · Maggiori informazioni

• Khalisha Roberts
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

The only reason that the sofa can't go against the wall is the chaise would block the door to the patio. We felt the same way.

• Pracheeti
    9 anni fa

I think the rug doesn't go with the sectional. I'd also suggest painting the room to a greige color, the white doesn't go with the overall look of your room. I love the sectional and your choice of orange pillows, they give a nice pop of color!

• pcmom1
    9 anni fa

Don't be afraid to swing the sectional around and try out different angles.

Lopez Island Residence · Maggiori informazioni

• Khalisha Roberts
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

These are the changes since the suggestion to move the rug. The room has to remain wheelchair accessible. Does anyone have suggestions for accent chairs. My mom still wants hues with a pop of color. Her main goal was to brighten the room. I think once the accent chairs are in place, it will be easier to pick drapes and paintings. By the way, I am an impressionistic artist and can also do very good abstract pieces.

• Khalisha Roberts
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. This is extremely helpful. Next we will be moving to the kitchen and dinning room. This home is for my mother and she's a little "hip". Lol

• pcmom1
    9 anni fa

Wouldn't a low pile rug work better for someone in a wheel chair? Plus, I don't think the size of this rug is working with the shape of the room.

One thing you could do instead of accent chairs would be a bench next to the fireplace against the wall without the rug.

• pcmom1
    9 anni fa

Maybe move rug to an angle?

Plaza Towers Condo Renovation · Maggiori informazioni

Khalisha Roberts ha ringraziato pcmom1
  • pcmom1
    9 anni fa

Have you thought of turning the sectional 90 degrees where it is now? That would leave more room for a couple of chairs on the long opposite wall and still leave room for the wheel chair thru the room.

There isn't a tv to work around, correct?

• Khalisha Roberts
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

Correct. The TV may sit on top of the fireplace. Right now we are not considering the TV.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".