Houzz Logo Print
karenforer

I am also wondering about the vanity top....Marble or quartz?

I am looking for a quartz that looks like marble for my kitchen.......Concerned about wear and tear with marble.
Thanks,
Karen
Master Suite Remodel · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (15)

• Karen Fruchtman
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

Do you like it? I read a post on GardenWeb about how the seams are too obvious. Do you notice your seams?

• timanahaf
    9 anni fa

I love it! (just have to remember to put glasses and plates a little gently on it, unlike with my old laminate counter! LOL!) The seams are visible but not so obvious as to bother me. The gray veining sort of helps it blend in. I guess ultimately it may depend on the installers/installation. Mine has 2 seams (it's a U-shaped countertop) and unless you get rather close to it, it's not really noticeable. I have attached a close-up pic of the seam that is on the picture I attached above. I'd suggest to visit a fabricator and check their work on seams before committing to buying from them. Hope this helps :)

Karen Fruchtman ha ringraziato timanahaf
  • Allison Gosselin
    8 anni fa
    This was extremely helpful - thank you!
  • timanahaf
    8 anni fa

You are welcome! Glad I could be of help.

• Michelle Kaplan
    8 anni fa

So glad I found your comment today! You mentioned all the possibilities I have been looking at. Saw the Minuet yesterday and was so excited!! Picked up their Rococo sample as well. The Rococo has more deep color veining but after looking at pix on my Holy Grail of home sites, looks like the Minuet will be the one! Yes, the search for a perfect looking Carrera was daunting until I found the Viatera line.

• Michelle Kaplan
    8 anni fa

update t my Sept. 25 post. After the dust has settled from my carrera V. man made stone options, I am thrilled and surprised to say we have decided on honed Carrera marble!!! Done and could not be happier. My husband (who could care less about any decor decisions, or so I thought) said he REALLY liked the careers out of everything we saw. Done deal. I feel soon good about our decision. I think what makes me so comfortable is that we are going honed and very cloudy grey in the slab we selected. Gorgeous!! I've just been i too many restaurants, bars and bakeries where they have the careers and it looks worn and loved! Not looking back! At worst, I'll have it sanded down before we sell.

• Susan VZ
    8 anni fa
    Are the grey Erin's in the Quartz minuet lighter than the rococo? I'm worried the rococo wringing is a bit too dark and less natural looking.
  • Susan VZ
    8 anni fa
    Darn auto correct. ..."veins" and "Veining"
  • timanahaf
    8 anni fa

From what I have seen, yes, Roccoco has darker gray and more veining than Minuet. Personally I think Minuet looks more natural of the two, but as people's tastes and opinions differ, I'd say make sure to take a look at actual samples before you decide - and bigger the sample slab, the better.

Having used my remodeled kitchen now for a full year, I would say this - I LOVE quartz! There have been times when I'd been too tired to clean up the countertop after cooking a big meal and left splatters of tomato sauce etc. until next morning, and it all comes off so easily with a soapy sponge with nary a stain!

• Karen Nottle
    7 anni fa

Mommakeaplan,

How do you like your real marble now after a year has gone by. I want to get the real deal but all the fabricators are so against marble. Not sure what to do. Thanks

• Claudia Lowry
    7 anni fa

I have the same tile as timanahaf - is your back splash gray? It looks blue. Just wondering because that is our exact back splash lol! Thanks!!!!!!

• cookincakes
    6 anni fa
    Hey Claudia and Tina- where did you get that amazing backsplash?!
  • Karen Nottle
    6 anni fa
    I ended up using real quartz called shadow storm. I love it but it can chip
  • Claudia Lowry
    6 anni fa

Island Stone Palms glass tile

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".