Houzz Logo Print
crystalfromvictoria

Need help on my small condo

crystal
9 anni fa
Unfortunately the pieces you see have to stay...tried to jazz up the leather swivel club chairs but not sure if it is working or how to pull the room together.

Commenti (187)

• crystal
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

The sun would be reflecting on the TV. I like the furniture placement the way it is just not a fan of my hubby's club chairs...

• glschisler
    9 anni fa
    Since your sofa is more brown than gray I would keep the brown hide. The second chandelier is too country. Hard to say about the first one. Is it painted yellow or is it a gold tone? Since your chairs are chrome, I would stay with that. Nice chairs.
    crystal ha ringraziato glschisler
  • crystal
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

Well I have put the club chairs for sale so I would love suggestions for chairs....Im hoping $500 or less each.

• PRO
    Oakville Real Estate
    9 anni fa

Hmm I'm afraid it will be hard to sell them for that price, people on Kijiji are always looking for a bargain. May I ask how much did you pay for each chair?

• crystal
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa

I am asking $600 for both paid $800. I was referring to the new chairs I would spend $500 each. They were just bought January 30th,,,If they don't sell in 2 weeks I will accept the fact Im stuck with them.

• Avery
    9 anni fa

Hi Crystal, your place is coming together nicely. As for new chairs, West Elm has a good selection IMO.....and I think they will have at least a few that works budget-wise especially with their current sale. The ones below range around $300-$700 USD.

I think they all can be ordered in various fabrics/colors.

Getting new accent chairs may also be a great opportunity to add a splash of color or pattern! :-)

crystal ha ringraziato Avery
  • crystal
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

I was thinking these $399 each CDN but not sure what color

• crystal
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

or these which come in a variety of fabrics $450 CDN

• Avery
    9 anni fa

I like both styles of chairs you posted. The first is nice because the stainless legs go with the stainless/silver accents in your dining set. But overall I think I like the style of the chair in your second picture better. Regardless, I don't think there's a bad choice with either one.

• PRO
    Oakville Real Estate
    9 anni fa

I wish you luck selling them. I just want to prepare you from my experience (and I sold lots of used furniture on Kijiji ) 1/3 of the price is more realistic expectation.

To me they don't look too bad at all

• PRO
    Oakville Real Estate
    9 anni fa

Blue looks nice

Colored Couches · Maggiori informazioni
    San Antonio Colorful Home · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    Oakville Real Estate
    9 anni fa

The St John's Wood Family Home · Maggiori informazioni

• glschisler
    9 anni fa
    I agree with Avery about the chairs. I just always have to do a sit test. :)
  • crystal
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

My dining light is gone...

Metropolitan · Maggiori informazioni

2011 HHL Den · Maggiori informazioni

• crystal
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

dwelling 3918 · Maggiori informazioni

Privatwohnung Potsdam · Maggiori informazioni

Any thoughts on new light suggestions would be greatly appreciated....keep in mind I love glam

• sandradclark
    9 anni fa

Go with the brown cowhide & stick with the furniture arrangement that suits both of you the best. You will have more options if you can buy smaller accent chairs, huh? I think you need to stay with a solid color if you get new chairs though. Left click on my name & look at my idea books for art, lighting. I do not like the trellis pattern on anything. Plain wild color would be better. Eggplant, purple velvet, gold velvet or silk. Wait until you have the art hanging & pick pillows then. I love your new home & wish I lived up where you live, except sounds like prices are hhhiiggghhh! Chandelier in a rather small size would look good. Table & chair position will be based on where that will hang. (btw I love the choices you made on the sofa, table & chairs (dining). Keep the elephant. Try to find a very small clear plastic coffee table. Add books to whatever you get.

• sandradclark
    9 anni fa

I liked the 1st chair you posted, what colors were available? 399.00 good price. I said plastic for coffee table. I meant plexiglass. Can't always find the right words. Go small whatever.

crystal ha ringraziato sandradclark
  • sandradclark
    9 anni fa

Did you look at my accent chair idea book? Or Art?

• crystal
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

No matter what style of light it will have to swagger due to position of junction box. I have been looking for an oval coffee table but I can try the plexi glass rectangle. As for accent chairs in the idea book I liked the ventnor and orleans...they are similar to the louis chair I like in deep purple velvet. I have to go to store and see what color the accent chairs I pictured above come in....they are closed until monday and I don't want to get too excited until the club chairs sell

• crystal
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

• crystal
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

Black cow hide and bar cart...returned all the pillows and furs so need accent color...Teal pear on table is old from my last place doesn't need to stay

• pcmom1
    9 anni fa

I liked the brown and white cowhide better. Warmed up the space.

• PRO
    Oakville Real Estate
    9 anni fa

Crystal which one do you like better?

I like the black and white but you need to keep other accessories lighter. White or acrylic coffee table etc..

I kind of like the idea of fuscia or purple accent pillows or throws for your black club chairs to balance out their masculinity :)

• PRO
    Oakville Real Estate
    9 anni fa

Add more bling

Kensington Drawing Room · Maggiori informazioni

crystal ha ringraziato Oakville Real Estate
  • glschisler
    9 anni fa
    I prefer the brown & white cowhide also. Use colors in your art piece for accents. Shades of blues to turquoise are always nice with shades of brown & gray. Cruise the shop but only buy what you LOVE. Finding things take time. Enjoy the process!
  • pcmom1
    9 anni fa

If you keep the black, purple would be a great addition.

crystal ha ringraziato pcmom1
  • crystal
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

Unfortunately I returned the brown one before I got all the feedback so Im stuck with the black one. I am on the hunt for purple or teal accent pillows

• PRO
    Oakville Real Estate
    9 anni fa

I would look for purple patterned pillows

• crystal
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

I think I finally found a great piece of art...however my accent color will be teal or mustard...any thoughts or suggestions

• PRO
    Oakville Real Estate
    9 anni fa

Awesome !

I cant wait to see your final results .So far so good. Do you like it so far?

• crystal
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

Yes just crossing my fingers the club chairs sell tonight....I think different accent chairs will make a big difference

• glschisler
    9 anni fa
    I really like the new pic! Good luck on the chair sale.
    crystal ha ringraziato glschisler
  • pcmom1
    9 anni fa

Love the art!

crystal ha ringraziato pcmom1
  • PRO
    Oakville Real Estate
    9 anni fa

Are they gone ?

• crystal
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

It's the curse of the club chairs she emailed me an hour before she was supposed to come and said "they are too big"...I was thinking...ummm no they are just ugly lol..time for price drop...

• PRO
    Oakville Real Estate
    9 anni fa

LOL

Sorry to hear that. At least she told you she changed her mind . Much worse is when they say they will come ,you sit and wait for them and they don't even show up .

Good luck again. Make sure you delete this add and repost it with the new price. Once your ad drops on 3rd page time to re-post.

Before you order new chairs we can ask Grover to photoshop them in your room but take a good photo of your living room.

• Libbmom
    9 anni fa
    Like you new art piece! I am partial to teal...but you could use teal in winter and mustard in summer...I would place the bar cart along the angled wall...maybe not centered, but a little more to the right because of the things on the wall (thermostat?)
  • PRO
    adalisa frazzini
    9 anni fa

question: what are you planning on using the space between the LR and kitchen for? It appeared you had a decent amount of space there (perhaps intended for DR by builder?). Just curious :)

• PRO
    Oakville Real Estate
    9 anni fa

Hi Crystal

Any new offers?

I found your ad on Kijiji and I would like you to modify it a bit. You have very low number of views.

Change the price to $280 (each) instead of $575 ( for both) ,it will attract more people .

Take a better shot of the room ,use HDR feature on your phone and add couple more pictures.

You said they don't look good with your sofa ,people might think they won't look good with their sofas as well,so say some nice things about them instead. Describe them as comfortable,modern,Natuzzi leather(if they are), describe the colour is it black? Say that price is negotiable.

Good luck.

crystal ha ringraziato Oakville Real Estate
  • crystal
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

Finally took the ferry to Vancouver and found some good pieces

• glschisler
    9 anni fa
    Nice job!
  • Avery
    9 anni fa

I wanted to post some "before and after" photos to compare the differences (and easier for me than scrolling up and down this thread :-)) What a fantastic transformation! Awesome job Crystal!

PS love the coffee table you chose....perfect piece for your space! Where did you purchase this from?

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

• Alicia Gibson
    9 anni fa
    I think,you could still put a table if front of,the pillar if it is an artistic peice and it stands out also maybe a floor lamp and area,rug .
  • Avery
    9 anni fa

Btw, are you still thinking of changing the side chairs in the living area? Not that you need to.....just wondering....

• Aoife Fraser
    9 anni fa
    Place the swivel chairs on either end of the table and centre the table in front of the windows... Get a nice rug and some mismatched chairs and work it
  • Aoife Fraser
    9 anni fa
    Situate the couch in front of the tv so that someone n the room can actually watch the tv
  • crystal
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

The couch is in front of the TV in the most recent photos

• pcmom1
    9 anni fa

I really love the art on the dining room wall!

• PRO
    decorhut
    7 anni fa

If you are looking for more cowhides you can view my page.
    Facebook.com/decorhut

We have all natural, real, chromium tanned hides.

• PRO
    decorhut
    7 anni fa

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".