Houzz Logo Print
webuser_5751861

Kitchen Problem

Hey Guys!

I'm so confused as to what to do with our kitchen. I don't like it as the granite is too pink and along with the cream color distressed cabinets makes the overall look of the kitchen to country for me. I like the look of a modern rustic but this is too rustic.
We were thinking of a more modern feel. We are thinking of changing the countertop to a quartzite similar to that of a carrara marble and refinishing the cabinets white with a pewter glaze.
The problem I'm running into is that everyone who has come by for an estimate says how nice the cabinets are and are shrikes we want to change them. So now we are second guessing.
Is there anything we can do to make it look more modern without hanging the cabinets? I don't think so but I's figure I would try!

Commenti (6)

• PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    It's time to paint those cabinets, though glazes have faded in popularity so you could save yourselves some money by avoiding the glaze. Actually, since white is not the only color in the paint deck, you could consider a light green which would work well with your countertops.
  • Johanna Vazquez-Novellino
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Thanks for the input. We were thinking of this color for the cabinets.
  • marilynellis
    9 anni fa
    Guess they don't want your business! I like your ideas and go for it. There are lots of contractors who will love having your business.
  • PRO
    Kitchen Works LLC
    9 anni fa
    From a Professional's view, I would have to agree with Carolyn. As long as you like the the existing layout and function of this kitchen then I would suggest painting the cabinets. It's difficult for me to see these colors accurately (so I can't really suggest colors) viewing from the internet but regardless, on a kitchen this size, painting the cabinets will save you thousands of dollars.
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    9 anni fa
    On my screen that color looks blue gray with a charcoal glaze. But such is the mystery of computer screens.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".