Houzz Logo Print
edubya

POLL: If you could only paint your walls one color what would it be?

Emily H
9 anni fa
If you had to choose one color to paint your walls and never change it, what would you choose?

VOTE and let's hear the details in the comments. (Especially paint names.)

Brian Patrick Flynn · Maggiori informazioni
White
Beige / brown
Grey
Blue
Green
Yellow
Red
Orange
Black
Other - Tell us below!

Commenti (339)

• bugsysmom717
    9 anni fa
    White is boring - any color but gray may conflict with a change in decor.
  • User
    8 anni fa

No can do . . . I like variety

• User
    8 anni fa

Restoration Hardware Silver Sage. Goes from blue to gray to green, depending on the light. Each room would look a different color.

• caron1955
    8 anni fa

Silver Mist from Benjamin Moore

• J J
    8 anni fa
    15 years ago I painted most of my house a custom green. I still love it! It goes well with so many things and I get positive comments to this day.
  • ljbwilk
    8 anni fa

I voted Gray but I meant in between gray and beige. My fave color is called "Smokey Taupe" and it is by Benjamin Moore.

• wetcoastjoan
    8 anni fa

Farrow and Ball - Cornforth white . Smack middle of - cream/gray/beige/white.
    http://us.farrow-ball.com/cornforth-white/colours/farrow-ball/fcp-product/100228

• Roxanne Salinas
    8 anni fa

Teal love it happy color

• Tammy Lawhorn
    8 anni fa
    SW 6120 believable buff. Goes with any color and is not too yellow.
  • J J
    8 anni fa
    kathy,
    are you looking for a rug? I found a rug with the colors you mentioned.
  • Jillian - Interior design student
    8 anni fa
    Nomadic Desert. SW6107. There are many photos in Houzz with this color.
  • Tammy Lawhorn
    8 anni fa
    Macadamia by Sherwin Williams
  • Olivia Hill
    8 anni fa
    Pale bluish gray
  • emilnomel
    8 anni fa

off white or winter white/creamy beige -dulux hogbristle full or half strength

• PRO
    Nicole Norris Design Studio, Inc.
    8 anni fa

Sherwin Williams "Patience" is my new fav!

• Mary V
    8 anni fa

SW Rainwashed. That and plenty of sunshine take me to my peaceful, happy place!

• Architectural Notice
    8 anni fa

I've read that home staging companies prefer white.

• PRO
    K&N Appliance Gallery
    8 anni fa

Funny that simple white is winning the race!

• simonbirch
    8 anni fa

I love the warm gray of DE Muslin. No blue undertones, truly neutral. It tied our little California home together.

• PRO
    Lumberjack Log Homes
    8 anni fa

Log.... natural wood :)

• PRO
    Oh So Beautiful Home
    8 anni fa

A beautiful soft white (kind of creamy without being yellow) is Silver Satin by Benjamin Moore. It actually glows. Really. I was sold when I walked into a new house being painted and immediately fell in love with the white on the walls. I asked the painters and they let me take a photo of the lid of the paint tin so I could remember the color!

My husband painted our guestroom and he was quite pleased. Then I told a friend about it and she painted her entire rental house this same white and was in love. I have never seen a white like it. Subtle, calming, just a wonderful soft white. Then in my home office, I paired it with a soft gray trim (Silverplate by Sherwin Williams) and wow, elegant and soothing.

• Hannah Rivera
    8 anni fa
    White
  • Hannah Rivera
    8 anni fa
    White
  • skyval
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

If I can't have wood , stone , brick , etc. , then my favorite color is "Arizona" by Behr .It's the hottest , densest , Tuscan ochre-yellow-orange with a hint of apricot and everything looks like art against it .You can't be depressed when you wake up to this color !

• PRO
    Double D Contractors Inc.
    8 anni fa

Chocolate Mousse by BM

• kitandkaboodle
    7 anni fa

I chose "yellow" from the list above, but really my favorite for all walls is an "almost white" butter yellow that Duron made 20 years ago called "soft gold" (CW022W). I've used it for many years and still love it. The formula is in both the Benjamim Moore and Sherwin Williams systems. It's a feel-good, happy, neutral color that's neither too bright nor too blah. It looks great with white trim and white ceilings.

• alessiann
    7 anni fa

I chose "white" from the list but it must be a warm while. I particularly like Benjamin Moore's Mannequin Cream.

• staceyeye
    7 anni fa
    Bm grey owl
  • simonbirch
    7 anni fa

DE muslin is the perfect gray! (Not DE "crisp muslin," too light.)

• Brenda
    7 anni fa

The color I painted my previous (almost) entire house, a discontinued SW color called Ancient Marble, cut by 25%. It was a pale gray green. That was 11 years ago. I'm building a new house and will be painting in a month or so, and most of the house will probably painted a similar color. It was such a neutral, unobtrusive, relaxing color.

• Bev
    7 anni fa

Classic Silver from Behr paints! I painted my entryway and living room with this color and I love it!

• PRO
    Bespoke Decor
    7 anni fa

Impossible. I could never live with just one color, and I would never want every room to have the same mood.

• User
    7 anni fa

@Bespoke Décor - I lived in a rented apartment for many years that had all the walls the same color. I was fortunate in that it was a sunny neutral rather than a drab one but NONE of my rooms had the "same mood". Changing the wall color isn't the only way to change a mood. Just wanting to make sure that point was clear.

• bobbijobin
    7 anni fa

So true whynottryit! I used Powell Buff throughout most of my bungalow and it looks different in each room and throughout the day.

• PRO
    Bespoke Decor
    7 anni fa

@whynottryit and @bobbijobin - If you browse my page - Bespoke Decor - here on Houzz, or check out my website, www/bespokedecor.com, I think you'll get a better understanding of where I'm coming from and my approach to color as it affects interior design.

There is room in this world, and in this discussion, for those of us with different desires regarding color and how it impacts the space we live in. There is nothing wrong with committing to one color and enjoying it throughout. Not everyone likes that, though, and there's nothing wrong with that either.

• User
    7 anni fa

I agree with you about nothing being wrong with different color rooms. I was just wanting to point out that one could have different moods in a room even when confined to the same color on the walls. I have moved into my own home now and have painted my LR walls black. I plan to have the connecting DR a soft teal. My bedroom will be a soft coral and one bedroom will be purple. I am still debating on some of the other rooms so I truly understand how exciting it can be to have different colors in different rooms. For those who are confined or committed to a single color, options are available to change the mood in those rooms. I just wanted to clarify that point.

• User
    7 anni fa
    Greige
  • minjeeah
    7 anni fa
    Blue green.
  • Nancy Paul
    7 anni fa

Behr Creme Brulee

• PRO
    Gerety Building and Restoration
    7 anni fa

Seeing as it's "for life" I would have to do white or a very light grey. Those would be unlikely to go completely out of style, and while they may start feeling dull over the years, it won't be something you're going to despise. I would have to think a bit harder before I commit to an exact shade. Great question!

• laceyjd
    7 anni fa

Have just completely remodeled my master bedroom and bath - and I could definitely live with my color choice for life! The walls are Behr Aqua Chintz, with ceiling done in Behr Maui Mist (a very clean white just ever-so slightly blue), & the trim in Behr Ultra Pure White. My general contractor thought the green too "girly" until it was completed - now he can't say enough about how relaxing the color feels! The Aqua Chintz paint blends beautifully with the new concrete shower stained in a light aqua. I don't think one can ever go wrong with aqua or teal!

• Tammy Lawhorn
    7 anni fa
    My bedroom/ bathroom is painted Oyster Bay by Sherwin Williams
    And everyone that comes in there wants to know what color of paint it is. It is beautiful and very soothing. The vanity is SW sea salt and the ceilings are SW retreat. It is quite lovely!!!
  • Carol Rafferty
    7 anni fa

Pinkish purple. New color combination. Since I love both colors & purple is my birth stone, I figure why not!! You can do so much with this color & I'm redoing my rooms in all types of accents to this color.

• tooky58
    7 anni fa

It'd have to be blue's, different ones in every room.

• andrea galvan
    6 anni fa

I need to make my decision with builder and decided on SW compatible cream for the east side of the house and SW Biltmore Buff for the west side of the house. I like the pale yellow look and didn't want any gray tones at all. These two seem to go well with everything and blend well together.

• Tirtza K
    6 anni fa
    Grey- light and barely there
  • PRO
  • shelleyjr
    3 anni fa

I love butter yellow walls. It goes with everything. We painted our entire condo Dunn Edwards Ivory Charm DEW323. The ceiling and crown moulding are painted DEW380 warm white in photo below.

We are going to build a small modern house. I plan on painting most of the walls and ceilings Dunn Edwards DEW380 warm white. It is one of the cleanest and brightest whites out there.

LRV 93

Munsell: HUE=4.03GY VALUE=9.6 CHROMA=0.1

• kitandkaboodle
    3 anni fa

Shellyjr your Dunn Edwards Ivory Charm walls look just like my Duron Soft Gold walls (see my comment from 4 years ago) ! I'm with you I love this happy neutral color too ;) It's still my favorite.

• PRO
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".