Houzz Logo Print
drdcon

Kitchen Remodel: Before & After

Overall the layout didn't change much besides knocking down the dividing wall on the right and switching out the bar for an island, but these small changes really opened up this kitchen.

Commenti (39)

• cabingirl13
    9 anni fa
    Big improvement! Love the ceiling- lighting- and cabinets and countertops. Can you share what material and color of the counters?
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato cabingirl13
  • dlkula
    9 anni fa
    Wow!
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato dlkula
  • PRO
    D.R. Domenichini Construction
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Hi cabingirl... it's Quartz..... Ceaserstone Dreamy Marfil
  • studio3600
    9 anni fa
    Love the kitchen lights. Where did you find them?
  • PRO
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
  • gduplessis
    9 anni fa
    Very warm and inviting. Love the ceilings.
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato gduplessis
  • PRO
    Design Line Works, LLC
    9 anni fa
    Great choice of lighting! Really nice job.
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato Design Line Works, LLC
  • PRO
    Dfranco Finishes
    9 anni fa
    very nice
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato Dfranco Finishes
  • tooky58
    9 anni fa
    Are you sure that's the same room? Fantastic job
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato tooky58
  • abs34
    9 anni fa
    wow that looks amazing! love it
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato abs34
  • mosaicone
    9 anni fa
    like the picture placement! Beautiful job!
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato mosaicone
  • Sue Brooks
    9 anni fa
    Love that you did dark wood instead of white. Everyone is doing white and I'm trying to get rid of our old grungy white. Thanks for the inspiration!
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato Sue Brooks
  • mariannepayne
    9 anni fa
    Where's the microwave?
  • diyer59
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    Love, love, love it!

Suggestion: the painting you have hanging waaaaaay up high on the wall looks odd, please remove that. Counter tops need something with a warm color, large, not tiny. I'd go with an unglazed collection of burnt orange, mustard, and dark green good sized pots in the left side counter space that has nothing on it. Don't forget plants, a beautiful fresh flower arrangement or potted plant in a pot or dark basket would be nice. On the floor, put a good sized rug that picks up the warm colors in the pottery. It's the final details that pull it all together.
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato diyer59
  • User
    9 anni fa
    Beautiful! What are the room dimensions of room? i.e. from wall behind fridge to chair side of island AND from window wall to far side of hallway wall?
  • PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    9 anni fa
    The island was a great idea. Looks much bigger now. I love the ceiling lights too.
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato 123 Remodeling Inc.
  • PRO
    Billiard Factory
    9 anni fa
    Hello,

We love the choice of a darker wood stain. It captures the eye immediately. The additional roof space is another feature that improved the overall look of this kitchen.

-Billiard Factory
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato Billiard Factory
    9 anni fa
    I love what you've done, it's beautiful. Question: Is there a microwave hidden somewhere??
  • janekel
    9 anni fa
    Love the way the three wood shades blend together and don't fight each other. A masterful job!
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato janekel
  • Candacw Krenek
    9 anni fa
    Wow! That really opened up the kitchen! Beautiful! Great job!
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato Candacw Krenek
  • PRO
    Christina's Interior Finishes, LLC
    9 anni fa
    I would suggest adding some color to the ceiling. Just a simple wood glazing to warm it up. A little distressed to bring out the organic elements of the wood. You can see examples on my Houzz page. Christina's Interior Finishes
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato Christina's Interior Finishes, LLC
  • Kimberly Rattley
    9 anni fa
    I like the light colored ceiling. I think it keeps the room feeling airy.
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato Kimberly Rattley
  • Carolyn Scott
    9 anni fa
    Huge, amazing difference!
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato Carolyn Scott
  • kasilofcate
    9 anni fa
    ugggly
  • chrissiekirk
    9 anni fa
    Isn't it amazing what one can do to totally change a room! Make it modern! Make it gorgeous! You did just that...enjoy!
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato chrissiekirk
  • chrissiekirk
    9 anni fa
    P. S. I like the painting hung way up high...it's fun (and I've done that in my kitchen too!)
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato chrissiekirk
  • PRO
    D.R. Domenichini Construction
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Thank you all for the feedback!
  • senab
    9 anni fa
    okay I see...the refrigerator is pretty much where the doorway use to be. Great idea
  • PRO
    SoCal Contractor
    9 anni fa
    Love the new ceiling design!
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato SoCal Contractor
  • Candice Rogers
    9 anni fa
    Great job! I love the dark wood & the ceilings. Oh, and the island/chairs as well :)
    I personally would have chose stainless steel appliances (I do love that it is a gas stove though!!)
    I agree with the above suggestion to remove the picture- I don't really like it there either. It looks out of place and my eye went to it right to it.
    Post more pictures when you have it all together with finishing touches please!! :)
  • PRO
    Kootenia Homes and Remodeling
    9 anni fa
    Wow! Very nice job - clean and classy!
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato Kootenia Homes and Remodeling
  • watts502
    9 anni fa
    Love the whole look! It's nice to see black appliances instead of stainless steel for a change. Looking for ideas to update our 80's kitchen.
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato watts502
  • PRO
    Cast Glass Images Inc.
    9 anni fa
    Wow-very sophisticated. Nice job!
    D.R. Domenichini Construction ha ringraziato Cast Glass Images Inc.
  • alexandrudragan
    9 anni fa
    Looks great! I would love to hear some words from you regarding my "dilemma": https://www.houzz.com/discussions/ive-seen-300-pages-of-small-kitchens-and-i-am-still-in-a-mess-dsvw-vd~2780960

Thanks!
  • lambboo1
    6 anni fa

I liked it better before.Sure now it's bigger and more open but it doesn't look right.People need to be aware of other things than just space, such as too much open area, how things relate to each other etc.That island just looks lonely, and I would feel uncomfortable sitting there.I've seen this happen so often, where the before looks better, to me at least.

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    6 anni fa

Great remodel!

• PRO
    KT tile
    6 anni fa

Well done! I really like the lighter ceiling!

• mosaicone
    6 anni fa
    I wonder if a person's comment has more to do with the wide angle lense used in the photograph than the actual space. Looks comfortable to me.
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".