Houzz Logo Print
gardenchallengedsam

Updating pool area without changing outdated pool coping

Our pool coping is a bit outdated, however I have talked to a couple of pool renovation companies and one won't change the coping without doing the whole surface (I don't mind the existing pebble surface, and that would be far too expensive), and the other came back with a quote for the coping that was too much for our budget. So, I think we may have to work around it.

I have inquired about laying quartz or sandstone coping over the existing coping, but no one will do this. Have emailed back to ask why, but no reply at this stage. We also thought about laying timber over the coping, but have been advised against this as the maintenance of the timber is apparently very time & $ consuming - Queensland is a very hot, humid area and the pool is in full sun. FYI, the pool is also a salt-water (concrete) pool.

So, I am wondering if anyone had any ideas about what we could do to make the pool area look more contemporary. Plead, beg, beg, plead!! We are planning on doing timber decking around the pool, plus significant planting (to provide privacy & make the area more attractive).

I'd be grateful for any ideas, or any thoughts on the information we've been provided to-date.

Thanks,

Sam

Commenti (5)

• bigdav160
    11 anni fa

Brick coping is still popular today so I wouldn't call it outdated. You may like the color and that could possibly be changed.

I don't think of flagstone when I think contemporary. I think smooth and sleek.

• poolguynj
    11 anni fa

Coping, tile, and plaster can all be done separately. Bear in mind, you will pay more but it can be done.

Scott

• Sharlene C
    3 anni fa

I’m looking at doing a concrete overlay on mine to change the brick look to a more contemporary limestone

• PRO
    The Samuel Team at John R. Wood Properties
    3 anni fa

@Sharlene C what is a concrete overlay? Any photo you can share? Thx!

• PRO
    Big Rock Landscaping
    l'anno scorso

This is a pretty traditional option for pool coping, and you could easily update it without doing anything to the coping itself. Are you wanting to give it a more modern vibe or just update it? If you are wanting a more modern look, it could be as simple as adding modern planters with plants that are symmetrical like the black planters in the image below. Stick with neutral colors and straight lines if modern is the vibe you are going for. If you are just looking to update the look and feel, depending on what already surrounds the pool you could build out the deck around the pool, add new patio furniture and a few plants, and it will feel like a whole new space. One ofour projects had a similar coping to yours, we built out the deck using different size pavers and added the modern black planter (behind the umbrellas and pool chairs).

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".