Houzz Logo Print
stranger_in_the_alps

Paperstone dish drainer?

We are pretty much sold on paperstone counters for our kitchen remodel. My DW had the idea of having grooves cut into the counter next to the sink for a built-in dishdrainer affect (like they used to do with cast-iron sink/counter combos). Has anyone ever seen this done or know if it's even possible? Or is it advisable with paperstone--it's supposed to be nonporous but I'm not sure it could stand up to this.

Commenti (8)

• Stranger_In_The_Alps
    Autore originale
    11 anni fa

Oooo, that looks great, fouramblues! And I think that's a similar finish to what we are looking at--kind of a burled darker brown. And now I have a new vocab word: runnels.

• fouramblues
    11 anni fa

Thanks, Stranger! Yup, runnels. Isn't GW terrific? (I'd never heard of them before GW, either.) Hope you LOVE your countertops when you get them!

• MazaVT
    7 anni fa

Hi, I'm looking at Paperstone for our kitchen reno and wondered if you still like it fouramblues. The photo is gorgeous!

• fouramblues
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

Yes, I still like Paperstone, and would probably do it again. The low-use areas are still gorgeous, but the runnel area looks pretty tired. I could resand and polish it, but won't bother as this is so high-use that it won't be long before it looks as it does now.

• fouramblues
    7 anni fa

I tried twice to submit a pic of the runnels today, but I'll try again...

• PRO
    PaperStone
    6 anni fa

Drainboards are VERY popular to integrate with our counters. Feel free to message us with any questions. Check out our Instagram for inspiration. @wearepaperstone

• sisterseven
    3 anni fa

@fouramblues, I would love to hear again about your Paperstone countertops! Would you still get them again? For the area you said looks "tired" would oil restore it? Thanks so much for any info!

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".