Houzz Logo Print
eohm

How did you decide the placement and widths for the stripes?

eohm
11 anni fa
I LOVE this look and am considering doing something similar in my daughter's room, but am concerned my stripes won't look right. Is there a template or guideline you used for figuring out the stripes?
Stencils,Stripes, Swarovski Crystals Child Bedroom and Bath · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (8)

• PRO
    User
    11 anni fa
    Love these stripes! I especially love that they left a lot of blank wall between them. It keeps the room from looking like a circus tent. I would do the same as they did here. As far as a guideline, I would usually center the stripe around a focal point - furniture, window, etc. But in this pic, they really just went free form and it's very effective. I say go for it - leave some blank spaces and make the stripes various widths & colors. Have fun!
  • PRO
    Fabulous Finishes Inc
    11 anni fa
    thank you PH! Eohm, I really didn't have a plan, or template. Reason? Stripes are a pain, measuring, preciseness, etc etc - it is much easier to just be random, and create your own design. This room was so large that I did just that, did NOT measure ahead of time, instead worked with rotating the colors I had, and varied the widths of the stripes as I went along. Then when that was done, it gave me an open canvas to introduce the random pops of stenciled color. Good luck! Patty
  • PRO
    User
    11 anni fa
    Hi Patty (I'm Patty too). You did a great job and it's truely inspiring. Can't wait to copy your idea!
  • sshalley
    10 anni fa
    I love this design and about to start this project in my daughters room - quick question - are the circles painted or are these decals?? Thanks!!
  • PRO
    Fabulous Finishes Inc
    10 anni fa
    sshalley, those are stencils - i used the same paints from the stripes to do them and then we embellished them with various colors of swarovski crystals
  • jets459
    8 anni fa

Wall size as shown. Thank you

• PRO
    Life's Journey Murals
    8 anni fa

Love this mural....makes the furniture stand out and the colors are so whimsical. Great job Fabulous Finishes Inc

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".