Houzz Logo Print
tpinn

Need help: What should we put in the entrance of the apartment????

tpinn
9 anni fa
This is the entrance to our apartment and it feels very empty. It's sort of a small apartment so I don't want to make the space feel smaller but I also don't want to have open empty space. I was thinking maybe a mirror on the wall? Or a table with drawers to put keys? or is it too small of a space, should we leave it open or put a rug? Advice much needed and appreciated. TIA

Commenti (9)

• PRO
    L. Huck Interiors, LLC
    9 anni fa
    A narrow console table with a mirror above, or a tall mirror leaning on the wall with small key hooks would look nice!
    tpinn ha ringraziato L. Huck Interiors, LLC
  • Maureen
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    If it's a small apartment, storage may be an issue and I would take advantage of this wall. A boxed shaped/lengthy/narrow/low bookcase may work well and it won't make the area feel too crowded, but more interesting (and practical). . You could add baskets for hidden storage, and add some great accessories and fun, large art above. The whole area feels very plain and just adding a mirror and table still won't create a feeling of being warm and decorated. I don't think you need a rug. Hope this helps. houzz=
    Miller's Meadow Farm Living Room · Maggiori informazioni
    ];
    tpinn ha ringraziato Maureen
  • PRO
    Partners by Design & Fine Furnishings, Inc
    9 anni fa
    A coat rack, shoe keeper or big art would be nice. I like the console with mirror and place to put keys. If you have an outlet close a lamp on the console would be good too.
    tpinn ha ringraziato Partners by Design & Fine Furnishings, Inc
  • bettytwo
    9 anni fa
    A long, narrow console table with a decent sized rug in front of it. A large mirror above
    the console with a piece of art on each side. I don't see an outlet, but a lamp on the table
    would be nice.
    tpinn ha ringraziato bettytwo
  • MarleneM
    9 anni fa
    I would add a small table of something under the phone, just enough space to have note paper,pens, and a place to drop keys and mail. Then I like Maureen's suggestion for storage and art on the long wall, as you need the colour.
    tpinn ha ringraziato MarleneM
  • tpinn
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Wow these are GREAT ideas! Thank you all for the feedback. I really like the idea of putting shelves for storage over there and a large piece of art.
  • Liz H
    9 anni fa
    Would you be so good as to post pix once you're done?
  • PRO
    Timothy Rivers Interiors
    9 anni fa
    I think the key to designing an amazing small focus is to actually not focus on the fact that it is small. Great your dream space. Incorporate all the things you love then devise a plan to make them work with the space you have.

I have an amazing blog post that I think may help.

http://timothyriversinteriors.com/2015/01/19/decorating-a-small-apartment/
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".