Houzz Logo Print
nhollingsworth

What candle scent do you like most?

If you had to pick one, which scent (or flavour?) of candle would you choose to burn in your home?

I was recently given one called Winter Dream and also the one from Glasshouse whose photo I have uploaded. Both are very Christmassy smells to me and I adore the aroma it has given my home for all of December.

On a side note, I do sometimes worry about the breathing in of smoke and oil - does anyone know about that?

Commenti (29)

• PRO
    Jarret Yoshida Design
    9 anni fa
    Ever smell pomegranate amd vet over together? Sooo nice.
  • raineycarole
    9 anni fa
    I like anything natural: lemon, pine, lavender, etc.
  • Luke Buckle
    9 anni fa
    I was give some coffee candles last month but anything with vanilla i usually love.
  • kazeetee
    9 anni fa
    The subtle and natural fragrance of honey and healthier too https://www.northernlight.com.au/health-fumes/
  • bjwoody
    9 anni fa
    White Christmas is one of my all time favourites. Both my daughters, unbeknown to the other, gave me one of these candles a few years ago. What a beautiful surprise. Doubled.
  • Jodie Bennett
    9 anni fa
    Vanilla is my absolute favourite in anything at all, otherwise earthy and natural but not flowers. I made my own soy wax candles recently. I didn't really enjoy the coffee scent, I thought I would. I did Lime and Coconut, beautiful. Caramel and Vanilla together was ok but the plain old Vanilla on its own was the nicest.
  • merino
    9 anni fa
    Fig and Pear is my favourite candle scent. The Ecoya brand is lovely as is the Castelbel range.
  • Amber B
    9 anni fa
    Lemongrass
  • Iris Chan
    9 anni fa
    1. Lemongrass or any lemongrass combo, eg. lemongrass and ginger, lemongrass and lime etc. This scent gives people a feeling of entering a tropical island/beach resort in Thailand or a relaxing day spa. It is very refreshing scent for the house that can relax and lift up, and also a natural repellent to ward away mosquitoes. Glasshouse and a few other brands offer Lemongrass scent in their product range.

2. Fir needle. If you prefer a more woody scent, try this candle scent from Be Enlightened.

The trick is not to light up the candle if you are conscious about smoke. Candles without burning already gives off a beautiful scent in the room. Alternatively use diffuser reeds which will produce the same scent without the smoke/burning oil.
  • lauzie80
    9 anni fa
    I love all the glass house candles - haven`t had a bad one yet.
    The Malka sweet cinnamon oil is amazing in an oil burner - so many people comment on it. www.malka.com.au
  • PRO
    Style by Penelope
    9 anni fa
    My experience with Property Styling tells me Vanilla is the only fragrance appealing to the broader public. For me personally at home, I prefer hints of cinnamon, ie. edible scents.
  • onedragonsdream
    9 anni fa
    I received a pineapple soy candle for xmas and i wanted to eat the candle Lol!
  • myperfectadvice
    9 anni fa
    pomegrantie
  • Kerrie Chapman
    9 anni fa
    Frangipani, vanilla and brown sugar, coconut-lime. Love the soft tropical scents - but it has to smell like the real thing. Not too big on florals. I use reed diffusers throughout my house as they smell wonderful 24/7 and there is no risk of fire.
  • suzannemr
    8 anni fa

Fragrance is such a personal thing. Some people like sweet, some citrus and some musky. I am a citrus person myself but I do love cinnamon at Christmas. You should be worried about the oil and smoke. Many candle makers (including the big ones) use paraffin in their candles and this is highly toxic. There is no law that states that a candle maker has to declare the actual ingredients so many of the 'soy' candles you buy have paraffin in them. For a 100% natural soy candle in a beautiful fragrance try UAINE candles made in the Hunter Valley NSW. They have an online shop and a store in Morpeth.

• robandlyn
    8 anni fa

Vanilla. With vanilla even the cheaper ones are nice. I do like some of the top brands rose fragrance, but any of the cheaper ranges smell sickly sweet and artificial.

• Katarina Kaća Pavlović
    8 anni fa
    I love all the PartyLite fragrances, especially Tangerine Tease :)
  • petapea
    8 anni fa

I don't like lavender as a general rule but L'Occitane have a pure lavender candle which smells clean and good!!

• suzannemr
    8 anni fa

I like the L'Occitane lavender candle too and the ironing spray (boring I know) but my favourite candle at the moment is UAINE's Hunter Shiraz. It is a rich grape fragrance with a bit of berry thrown in. Really exotic but not too sweet. It is truly delicious.

• brennz
    8 anni fa
    Anything citrus especially grapefruit. Lemon, mandarin, sweet orange, tangerine, lime, lemongrass, tangelo or cumquat. They all smell so fresh and clean. The Aromatherapy Co (NZ) make beautifully scented candles as do Woodwick (USA).
  • PRO
    Finer Details Concierge and Organiser Services
    7 anni fa

Agree @brennz citrus always makes things smell fresh

• chubbychicky
    7 anni fa
    Fresh linen type fragrances or Baby powder scent......I find them comforting and welcoming :)
  • Bob Thropper
    7 anni fa
    lemongrass. .. reminds me of holidays in Thailand. love it.
  • Julie Herbert
    7 anni fa
    I just love glasshouse candles, my favourite is Taaha caramel and vanilla, it's makes the whole house smell delicious.
  • georgi02
    7 anni fa

I love anything with a citrus and/or sandalwood (Dusk do some brilliant scents) - I avoid the sweeter flowery scent (rose, geranium are all avoided) and find most candles with vanilla are a bit too sweet for me. I prefer good quality essential oil scented soy candles from either artisan candle makers or Dusk.

Did you know that aerosol room sprays - the kind a lot of people stash in bathrooms for "those times when needed" - have some pretty nasty chemicals in them - some are carcenogenic while others can provoke allergies and asthma and cause headaches and Eczema.

• Leeanne L
    7 anni fa
    We've had the vanilla caramel on during our house open inspections and people have loved it, some trying to find out the brand and the scent. It's lovely
  • suzannemr
    7 anni fa

This is my new favourite. It's from Uaine Candles in the Hunter Valley - Musk & Vanilla with a hint of fresh mint. It is delicate and subtle but with quite a rich scent. I love it.

• Amber B
    7 anni fa

I need my candles to be of a strong scent like lemongrass, musk or my absolute favourite, the scent of clean linen/fabric softener... Sounds odd, smells great!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".