Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_975268

Why are these dining chairs bothering me?

User
9 anni fa
I have been looking for the perfect chair, and I guess it does not exist. I finally bought these chairs and something is really bothering me about them. The legs seem stubby? But, I put them side by side with the end chair, which I love, and the legs are the same height. What other chair from RH would you recommend?

Commenti (24)

• flopsycat1
    9 anni fa
    The seats are deep and the backs are tall, perhaps contributing to the "stubby" appearance of the legs. If you don't like that look, return them. The perfect chair is most likely out there somewhere, and someone on houzz will probably find it.
  • flopsycat1
    9 anni fa
    Are these any better? From RH, different legs than the host chairs you like, but you could get them in the same upholstery fabric.
    User ha ringraziato flopsycat1
  • User
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Maureen, those Martine chairs are too short as well. The barrel back chair is extremely short. They wouldn't look right with my side chairs. Flopsycat1, And the parsons chair, I had and felt they were too blah. I am definitely hard to please.
  • Maureen
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    Hi, I was providing the picture to show how it might feel with all of the same size chairs, if that could be a consideration. I feel the tall captains chairs are dwarfting the others, but hopefully it all works out for you.
  • zazfuzzroc
    9 anni fa
    I think you posted before, right? :) I actually like these chairs, maybe better than the others you posted before. I think your room looks great. I kind of like the larger end chairs. I think that's a personal preference. :) I do like that the legs look the same/similar color. But it is your room, not mine. I'll hunt around and see if I can find something. :)
  • zazfuzzroc
    9 anni fa
    Maybe??.......
    Traditional Dining Room · Maggiori informazioni

River Ridge - Southwick · Maggiori informazioni

Celebrity Home · Maggiori informazioni

Okay, that's some I had saved. Hope that helps. :) If you want..... feel free to go to my profile..... look through my dining spaces idea book. I like this look, so maybe you may see a chair that I missed. Good luck on your search. :)
    User ha ringraziato zazfuzzroc
  • User
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Thank you very much for those ideas zazfuzzroc!
  • zazfuzzroc
    9 anni fa
    Oh you're more than welcome. :) I really like your style so it wasn't a far reach. :) Can't wait to see your pick. :)
    User ha ringraziato zazfuzzroc
  • PRO
    Rococo & Taupe, Inc.
    9 anni fa
    might the problem be that they are the same fabrics and not allowing the host chairs to stand out from the side chairs?
    User ha ringraziato Rococo & Taupe, Inc.
  • everdebz
    9 anni fa
    I noticed too the height of the end chairs, but mostly I wanted to ask about the comfort -- when you and yours sit in them do you eat comfortably? sit too low if you or yours are shorter? I ask cause of my family who when in certain eating booths sit way low and don't like it.
    User ha ringraziato everdebz
  • everdebz
    9 anni fa
    It's ok to be picky, but another question - are you frustrated with décor in the room? Sometimes that increases pickiness. [I know!!]
    User ha ringraziato everdebz
  • User
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Everdebz: they are all actually very comfortable and sit at a god height when sitting at the table. I am not frustrated about the room at all. We love the room. I'm just trying to figure out whether to keep these or return them. And if I return them, what to get instead.
  • User
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Ok, so just for sake of comparison, I put my two gray velvet office chairs at the table. Does the contrast look any better? How about that style chair? I know it's one of the chairs that somebody suggested.
  • User
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    And how about the scale?
  • flopsycat1
    9 anni fa
    Could be the angle of the photo, but that looks a little too Papa Bear and Baby Bearish. I may have been the one who suggested that little chair. If so, the recommendation is rescinded.
    User ha ringraziato flopsycat1
  • User
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    I agree. It's too small
  • newman06
    9 anni fa
    I like the original side chairs the best of these. What color is your table? I am looking at the same one. Still have yet to pick a chair.
  • sondramartina
    9 anni fa
    Original chairs have "long body and short legs " I think that's what bothering you.
    User ha ringraziato sondramartina
  • User
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Yes, I agree sondramartina. They are going back. I just don't know hat to get Instead. Maybe nothing for now.
  • PRO
    Greenwood Design Associates, LLC
    9 anni fa
    How about going with something that has more contrast to the end chairs? A long bench on one side?
    User ha ringraziato Greenwood Design Associates, LLC
  • Ann
    9 anni fa
    I rather like the side chairs. I do think those end chairs are going to dwarf just about any side chair. I might consider those for a living room or maybe an office, as was previously mentioned. I actually think those end chairs even dwarf the table a bit and would be better at a really big table in a really big room. I know RH does sell some huge dining tables and I kind of feel like those end chairs were meant for one of those "oversize" tables.
    User ha ringraziato Ann
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    9 anni fa
    The side chairs look stubby because they are side chairs and the host/hostess chairs are the two higher pieces.

Not crazy about the finish on any of the chair legs. Just a bit too Scandinavian for the table. I would paint the legs black.
    User ha ringraziato JudyG Designs
  • User
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    JudyG Designs: I think it's so interesting that you think the legs should be black. The first chairs that I bought had black legs. I agree that the end chairs will be bigger, no matter what. I actually love them and receive so many compliments on them. My table is huge. (Can seat ten), so I think they suit the table, Ann. I'm still searching for side chairs.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".