Houzz Logo Print
elizabethoconnor

Hall lighting - before & after

I swapped out some "place-holders" with some reproduction 1935 fixtures.

Commenti (22)

• ednabrisson
    9 anni fa
    where can I get those hall lightsw
  • PRO
    PaintColorHelp.com Dallas
    9 anni fa
    Nice addition. A cool hall light adds a lot to a space where (other than a possible runner) there are few opportunities to decorate. Never leave those cheap builder domes in your hallway!
    elizabethoconnor ha ringraziato PaintColorHelp.com Dallas
  • kmcg123
    9 anni fa
    wow! what a nice difference your new pendants add!
    elizabethoconnor ha ringraziato kmcg123
  • hatetoshop
    9 anni fa
    Great change!
    elizabethoconnor ha ringraziato hatetoshop
  • PRO
    Alix Flamm Designs
    9 anni fa
    I like them. Gives the hallway an airy updated look.
    elizabethoconnor ha ringraziato Alix Flamm Designs
  • PRO
    Patricia Keating
    9 anni fa
    i like the 1935 repro fittings but do you find it a little gloomy with the light now focused upwards onto the ceiling? or do you also have table lamps?
  • PRO
    Decorating Den Interiors
    9 anni fa
    I love the character the vintage lights add to the space. Good choice!
    elizabethoconnor ha ringraziato Decorating Den Interiors
  • PRO
    BEDFORD LIGHTING & HOME
    9 anni fa
    For those not able to find matching antique reproductions, bell jar lanterns are another popular solution to a hallway like this since the ceiling is high bringing the light down provides better illumination.
  • elizabethoconnor
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Actually the new lights give plenty of light, each fixture holds 5 bulbs, if you wanted to I'm sure you could make the hall as bright as the surface of the sun! That's 10 bulbs in a fairly small space. I have 15 watts in each and I find the combined 150 watts provides an even glow.
  • PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    9 anni fa
    Great idea. Looks awesome.
    elizabethoconnor ha ringraziato 123 Remodeling Inc.
  • PRO
    Cleveland Designs
    9 anni fa
    Just a quick idea, I would have put up 2 tracks of simple, small track lighting, then you could spot the Pictures or Art work on the hallway wall. You can mix Modern Lighting with your older home, of course have them on a dimmer.
    The lights you put up would work better in a Bedroom or maybe even your Living room, they look nice, but I always think of purpose when I install lighting, I took down the one fixture in my kitchen and replaced it with a Track spot with four heads that are focused on my new Kitchen Cabinets and use the Under Counter lighting for task work, its nice to have the spots focused on the cabinets because when I open them I can clearly see what I have, my kitchen is small and so being able to see all the dishes, glasses and Food, I have no pantry. Then when the doors are closed the Track Lighting makes a nice focal point for the kitchen Cabinets.
    Just an idea, if you want to illuminate anything on the hall walls, Track spots are the way to go. They even make period looking light heads to go with your home.
    Thank you for letting me comment.
  • bungalowmo
    9 anni fa
    I'd love to see a close up with the lights off as well. Those look to be gorgeous Art Deco Slip Shades. The 2 sconces in the living room....were those original to your home, or did you get those later? The look like they might match the 2 hall fixtures.

Either way....lovely!! :0)
  • PRO
    Gilmans Kitchens and Baths
    9 anni fa
    Lighting is EVERYTHING! Nice change :)

- Janis, GKB
  • elizabethoconnor
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    @ Janis - wow, strange coincidence, I ordered kitchen cabinets from GKB 20 years ago! They were great!
  • spanisheclectic
    9 anni fa
    I'm with bungalowmo. I'd like to see a close up of the living room slip shade sconces.
  • elizabethoconnor
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Hello! Thank you to everyone who have left such nice comments. I'm flattered by your interest in my project. For those who asked to see more pictures I did my best to take some good ones of the new hall lights, as well as the living room sconces and I added pictures of my dining room chandelier as well. All the fixtures are reproductions, The original fixtures I believe were produced around 1935.
  • elizabethoconnor
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Sconces.
  • elizabethoconnor
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Dining room chandelier, this is on a dimmer switch.
  • IM DB
    8 anni fa

I love the lights in the first pic, but still not sure which one is what you installed...

• PRO
    Amy Wolff Interiors
    8 anni fa

Great change!

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    8 anni fa
    Great upgrade!
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".