Houzz Logo Print
eileendavies

How can I bring this staircase up to date?

eileendavies
9 anni fa
Hi, needing help please, I have a staircase that needs replacing with a modern look. I have an oak floor and not picked any colours for walls etc but looking for ideas on stair. Should I put glass panels or oak spindals or white spindals? Any ideas would be great.
Glass
Oak
White

Commenti (4)

• Helen Jones
    9 anni fa
    I vote either for oak spindles or white spindles with oak handrail, good luck ;)
  • PRO
    Jackson Woodturners
    9 anni fa
    Hi Eileen,

There are a number of options you can do to your stairs to update the look. As you have what is classed as a "diminishing" staircase, glass with oak would be a good option to open it up and create more light. I have attached a picture so you can see an example of a similar diminishing staircase in oak and glass.

Alternatively go for a plain square or stop chamfered spindle in either oak or white primed. You may feel there is too much Oak if you are having oak flooring, so having everything in white with a contrasting handrail in oak could be an option to tie it in with the flooring.

Check out our website www.jacksonwoodturners.co.uk for more ideas and prices. We have a showroom in Sheffield, or you can view our showroom on our website with Google shop view. If you have any questions, we will be happy to help.

Jackson Woodturners
  • oliviaamywicks
    9 anni fa
    I would go with glass panels to increase the light in the room. It will also be easy to match with your scheme.
  • hortonhearsawho2013
    9 anni fa
    white would match the door & will link in with any decor. It will also make the stairs 'disappear' rather than being a feature in the room which could make it easier when decorating.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".