Houzz Logo Print
aaron_chiang

does this work as a lamp?

Aaron Chiang
9 anni fa
Do you guys think that woven cylinder thing in the left works as a tabletop lamp? It's supposed to be hung from the ceiling technically lol

Commenti (19)

• lucidos
    9 anni fa
    The woven cylinder thing looks like it may be an issue with TV viewing. I suggest a very low wattage bulb - no more then 25w incandescent. Then moving the floor lamp to a different portion of the room. Add a vase on the other side of the console to even out the table.
    Aaron Chiang ha ringraziato lucidos
  • Aaron Chiang
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Here is a better picture!
  • lucidos
    9 anni fa
    Hey Aaron. Did you know they sell a teeny IR that hooks into the cablebox. You can mount the IR discreetly on the tv and loose the cable box inside your unit. The lamp thing is funky and fun I think it's great on that table.
  • PRO
    Tamara Palmer Interiors, ASID
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    Hi Aaron! Have you considered moving your floor lamp to the other side of the TV cabinet? It would illuminate the corner of the room, which would make the room feel bigger and brighter. Then you could move the cylindrical lamp to the other side of the TV. I would not move the cable box with it, I would keep it where it is (unless you can find a way to hide it) and accessorize it. Perhaps place a couple of frames or a few books with some unique book-ends right on top of it. This would make it "disappear" and would give that side of the TV cabinet some height. Good luck! :)
    Aaron Chiang ha ringraziato Tamara Palmer Interiors, ASID
  • nkahovec
    9 anni fa
    A lamp should not be near a TV, but agree that the floor lamp be moved to the corner and should only be on when the TV not on. The other lamp is unique-I would highlight it on an end table? Don't see the need for 2 lamps by the TV. If you off-center the TV to the right a little bit, you could have a special picture/ smaller object that would be highlighted when corner lamp turned on.
    Aaron Chiang ha ringraziato nkahovec
  • Aaron Chiang
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Thank you everyone for the ideas! I should probably send you guys a picture of the entire room when I get the chance because there isn't much lighting and I'm trying to figure out the best placement for them
  • PRO
    TheFurnitureCollection
    9 anni fa
    The two lamps don't belong together and serve no purpose where they are, besides which as previously stated lamps distract one when placed near a TV. Is it possible to place them elsewhere?
    Aaron Chiang ha ringraziato TheFurnitureCollection
  • Aaron Chiang
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Yes I think it's possible, but one can stay right?
  • Aaron Chiang
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Sorry for the clutter but this is what the room looks like
  • Aaron Chiang
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Here's one more
  • lucidos
    9 anni fa
    Move the TV and console to the wall opposite the door (left wall in the first photo). Put the sofa so the back is at the edge of the wood floor entry centered to the TV. Put the folding(?) chairs to the right of the sofa facing where the couch was. Put the floor lamp between the chairs with a small table. Get a big ole chair for where the person is sitting now only closer to the sofa.
  • Aaron Chiang
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Oh wow that is a great idea! My only concern is wouldn't it be weird to have the sofa right in front of the front door?
  • Aaron Chiang
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Additional photos
  • lucidos
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    I don't have exact measurements and no..it's done all the time. If there is enough room behind the sofa normally a sofa table is put there. You can easily make a simple one yourself.

I'm guessing that the room is ~ 12 feet from the door to the wall across.

The room has a difficult layout. Unless you move the cable to the side by the door.
  • Aaron Chiang
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    hmm interesting, well i'll have to give it a shot! i'll post a picture here when i get the chance to try it
  • lucidos
    9 anni fa
    But getting the cable guy to come over is kind of a pain.
  • Aaron Chiang
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    haha yeah, so you think this would be a good alternative too huh?
  • lucidos
    9 anni fa
    Difference is one you can do tonight and the other requires planning.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".