Houzz Logo Print
janex4

Need help with fireplace wall

Jmc4
9 anni fa
How can I best decorate this wall...any ideas?

Commenti (17)

• dragonflyblue57
    9 anni fa
    Paint it?
  • User
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    what other furniture will go in the room? Colors, fabric? The wall calls for a dramatic piece of art.
    Applegate Tran Interiors · Maggiori informazioni
  • Jmc4
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Blank canvas for the furniture also...2 tan leather chairs are on the list
  • Maureen
    9 anni fa
    A stone wall would be great especially with tan leather chairs. Where you have the flowers, you could repalace with art and a potlight overhead. I would turn your couch to face the fireplace and have the tan leather chairs where couch was, placed very close. Add a white shag and glass table [houzz=]; [houzz=
    Traditional Living Room · Maggiori informazioni
    ]
  • PRO
    DeMasseo Design
    9 anni fa
    Hello janex4, a smooth face stone on the entire wall would make a great statement. The fireplace needs to be tied in as now at appears to be somewhat lost. A Travertine or light colored Limestone would both work, and also complement your wood floors. Depending on what look your going for a mantle could also be added. If your wanting to add some kind of rug I would definitely stay away from anything with wool if pets and or kids are involved. Doesn't clean well. Hope this helps.........good luck.
  • PRO
    User
    9 anni fa
    i would put shelves above it similar to those
    i also recommend you to look for wallpaper in stone like print and use it around the fireplace
  • PRO
    User
    9 anni fa
    oops the picture of the shelf didn't attach
  • groveraxle
    9 anni fa
    Nothin' a big ol' canary can't fix:
  • djpkdsems
    9 anni fa
    Groveraxle- Good advice except that the painting is over the gas fireplace...and as any coal miner knows, canaries and gas fumes dont mix.
  • Ann
    9 anni fa
    I adore the canary, but if it's not to your liking, please notice how art of that size looks so nice there. I'd take a good look at how far that pic extends on your wall, figure out how big of a square you'd need to achieve that look and find art you love to give you just that look.
  • Jmc4
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Love the canary! I also like the idea of the stone to add some texture to the wall. Just one more thing, my hubby wants a big ol TV on the wall too. We have been advised not to put it over the gas fire as it will be too hot so maybe on the right. Also, Maureen, like you ideas about the chair placement.
  • groveraxle
    9 anni fa
    Big ol' TV? No can do. Little one in the niche, perhaps.
  • PRO
    Luxe Water Walls
    9 anni fa
    If you are looking for something dramatic & unique, check out these water walls. Would look amazing on the fireplace wall. See more at http://www.luxewaterwalls.com/

Wall Water Fountain For Living Room · Maggiori informazioni

54" Wide Fountain in Various Homes · Maggiori informazioni

28" Water Walls in Various Homes · Maggiori informazioni
  • decoenthusiaste
    9 anni fa
    Get a big ol glare-free TV and wall mount it opposite the windows, stashing gear in a low credenza. Turn the sofa to face the FP wall and add a pair of chairs on the right of the area to face the TV.
  • Jmc4
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Thank you for your great suggestions. @goveraxle ..the pics are a big help and love art so this would be a top choice. @decoenthusiaste thanks for your comments and I like the idea of placing the tv somewhere else. I will try out a few things at the wknd and hopefully this room will start coming together.
  • djpkdsems
    9 anni fa
    @groveraxle
    Nicely played. Your mock up skills and advice is always on point!
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".