Houzz Logo Print
lauriebtown

Curve in the counter around the Sink

lauriebtown
12 anni fa
Can you tell me why the counterop has that curve around the sink? Is this because the top of the sink is higher then the top of the cabinet or is this for decorative purposes? I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel and I'm trying to accomodate a Rohl sink that is a little higher then i should have for my cabinet (big oops!).
Cow Hollow Residence · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (4)

• PRO
    Gigi Park
    12 anni fa
    The stone has a radius corner because the sink does too. The counter top is simply echoing the sink.
  • PRO
    Linda Berg Designs
    12 anni fa
    It's curved because the sink is sitting higher than usual... With this type of sink (farm sink or apron sink) the top rim of the dink is usually flush with the top of the cabinets... allowing for the granite to overhange the sink without having to be cut out. Notice that the cut-out for the sink could not be made any lower on the sink base, or it would have interfered with the bottom doors. This was a very tasteful solution to the problem of having too deep sink for the sink base.
  • lauriebtown
    Autore originale
    12 anni fa
    Thanks For the quick reply Linda! I have this exact problem. I'm Looking at my 24 wide Rohl sink in the box at this very moment after I found out this morning that I only have 8 1/2 inches above the cabinets and I need 10 inches. Granite is not yet installed.I may have no choice but to take 1-inch off of the top of the lower cabinet doors and capture the extra half an inch using the cut out noted in this picture. thoughts? If i set the sink forward by a full 2-inches then it may camouflage the inch I took off of the doors (there are recessed panels on the doors). My other option would be to mount the farmsink above the counter which I prefer not to do. Of course I could exchange the sink for a standard under mount but the kitchen has been designed around the farmsink and I'm pretty attached to it.
  • PRO
    Linda Berg Designs
    12 anni fa
    Hmmm... Your door style is perfect for trimming... That's a plus... However, you can have the doors remade smaller all together.... take off the existing doors... the installer could cut out the top rail... new top rail will then be reinstalled 2" lower... the new smaller doors will can then be installed and it will be perfect!... That's what I would do... It will cost you the doors and labor... needs to be done before templating... (doors can wait... rail will have to be installed as well as sink... Farm sinks must be installed before template.. Good Luck!
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".