Houzz Logo Print
kirsten_moroney

Bedroom: Carpet or wood?

I'm planning on re-decorating my bedroom before the end of the year and was wondering if it's better to have a carpet or wooden flooring in a bedroom. I currently have a cream coloured carpet but in the past I have had a wood flooring. Which one creates the illusion of more space or do neither of them? Is one more practical than the other?
Carpet
Wood

Commenti (16)

• Karin Madgwick
    9 anni fa
    I have wood throughout my home softened by rugs. I would never go back to carpet
  • User
    9 anni fa
    I agree with OnePlan, my wooden bedroom floor makes my room seem so much more spacious. If you have under floor heating, that is a dream, if not, make sure you get a nice large rug otherwise it can be quite chilly to get out of bed in the morning on to the cold floor.
  • PRO
    Button & Sprung
    9 anni fa
    I much prefer the look of a wooden floor in the bedroom with lovely big rug. Sometimes however I think it can make the bedroom quite cold and the thought of a cosy, plush carpet is much more appealing!
  • PRO
    Spotdeco
    9 anni fa
    I love the wooden flooring in my bedroom -- it's easier to keep clean, opens up the room, looks great with almost any colour paint on your walls and is very versatile :).
  • Tony McIntyre
    9 anni fa
    I prefer the look of a wooden floor, but voted for carpet because it's more comfortable on your feet!
  • PRO
    IQ Allied American Industries ltd
    9 anni fa
    Definitely any hard flooring, bamboo, etc
    Having been a floor layer many years ago, I have conceded hard flooring more practical.
  • PRO
    Naken Interiors
    9 anni fa
    Wood flooring looks good and is practical, and carpet is warm and cozy. Have the best of both worlds with nice wood flooring and a lovely big rug.
  • Gemma Smith
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    I agree! Wooden floors and cosy rugs are the way to go. I like this!
    philpots court · Maggiori informazioni
  • Georgie Akin-Smith
    9 anni fa
    I also agree, I have wooden floors with rugs. It means you can have the best of both worlds!
  • Luisa Rollenhagen
    9 anni fa
    I'll have to echo what many other commenters have been saying: wooden floors and rugs! A classy, timeless look (plus you can easily switch it up by getting a different type of rug)
  • PRO
    Horwich Carpets & Interiors
    8 anni fa

I personally like the warmth of a carpet under my foot, but there certainly is something classy about a quality wooden floor in a bedroom, it just a shame to cover it with a huge rug.

www.horwichcarpets.co.uk

• PRO
    Riviera Home UK
    7 anni fa

its warm and sustainable.

• Marta TL
    7 anni fa

I vote for a good quality wooden floor - easier to keep clean and far more durable! Whilst carpets bring warmth to a room and keep your feet cosy that's nothing a few beautiful rugs can't do! I have one strategically placed by my side of the bed so that I step on something nice and soft first thing every morning! Something like this (I wish!)

Transitional Bedroom · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    Floor 2 Door
    7 anni fa

We find our clients Love the modern feel of engineered wood in their bedrooms with a nice shaggy rug for comfort! Easy to clean, easy to maintain!

• Saifi Carpenter contractor
    7 anni fa
    I vote for a good quality carpet your foot relief
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".