Houzz Logo Print
mhayworth

Do you mind sharing the ceiling height?

We are remodeling and raising our ceilings from 8 to 10. Love your island. Our designer has us doing something similar. Love the boxed ceiling but not sure about it on 10 feet. This looks beautiful.
Coto de Caza - Home Remodel · Maggiori informazioni

Commento (1)

• PRO
    Home Design Architects
    9 anni fa
    Hi:
    We coffered the ceiling to give an illusion of height because we couldn't go any higher.
    The ceiling height is 8'-6" and the bottom of the beams is 7'-11" (both quite low), but the overall effect feels much higher. People are very surprised that the ceiling is not actually higher. We also have a shallow 2 1/2" cabinet "soffit" that helps by adding more detail.

The coffered ceiling kitchen is also bordered by a shallow dropped soffit that separates the kitchen from the family room.

The island was originally the owner's idea as they have small children and it makes for a very
    practical and family oriented dining space. The darker tone of the island defines the island as
    a separate space within the overall kitchen.

Good luck with your project!
    Stacy Hayworth ha ringraziato Home Design Architects
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".