Houzz Logo Print
buckleup2000

Yay or Nay? Household items as light shades?

Luke Buckle
9 anni fa
Tea cups as pendant lamp shades is a cheeky twist on the upcycling idea of reclaiming items and adding some value.

What do you think of this as a design trick?
Electric Mavis Luminare · Maggiori informazioni
LOVE IT!
Yeah, nah.
I'm neutral.

Commenti (23)

• Curt D'Onofrio
    9 anni fa
    Very creative people out there, but i would've used these tea cups instead for small indoor plants on window sill.
  • grobby
    9 anni fa
    Depends where they're used. They're a little quirky, but I like quirky. One of the prettiest pendant lights I've seen was made from a beat up looking wire basket and placed over an island. Good way to recycle.
  • Vega Maguire
    9 anni fa
    Unique love it tho i would have trouble finding some were to put them
  • zweiback
    9 anni fa
    The attached photo is more my cup of tea when it comes to quirky lighting!
  • User
    9 anni fa
    A loud NO. Those are terrible. Probably could only use a tiny bulb, so the point would be what?
  • PRO
    Custom Craft Upholsterers, Inc.
    9 anni fa
    It really depends on the overall interior of the house, the "tea" lights are cute.
  • Susan Shea
    9 anni fa
    Depends on the surroundings. I can see those lights over a little table in a nook in a whimsical kitchen or over a coffee/tea station.
  • Susan Shea
    9 anni fa
    Love the hat pendant lights. I have a small dressing room/walk-in closet; I think I'll use this idea there. Fun.
  • ashilleong
    9 anni fa
    I like the hat light too -is there any way to save photos in comments to an idea book?
  • PRO
    Havven
    9 anni fa
    It could work in a retail, boutique, cafe or bar... not in the everyday home.
  • User
    9 anni fa
    Definitely my cup of tea. They take the biscuit.
  • User
    9 anni fa
    :)
  • ladyrob1
    9 anni fa
    Good idea! Had not thought of that. Now on the hunt for unnusual tea cups and saucers...there are plenty around here in Op shops for a peeny or so. Hope this brilliant idea does not catch on here until I've had my pick! Thanks Luke! Are you always as clever?
  • ladyrob1
    9 anni fa
    @ Havven Am really curious to know what is your concept of "the everyday home"? ( Not being snarky) Trying to understand.
  • ladyrob1
    9 anni fa
    Just received a message that one named Laura Kook commented:: " That picture looks stupid, hate it." UH? Where are you Laura Kook? What's to hate with such veehemence? Its just a bit of whimsy, never enough time in the day for a bit of the unnusual to shock us out of our complacency.
  • Emmeline T
    8 anni fa

Very weird... never would have it.

• PRO
    Yours&MineOnline
    7 anni fa

I love these - very much my cup of tea! There are many up-cycling & re-purposing ideas for teacups & more at Yours&MineOnline.

• moni45
    7 anni fa

I could imagine them in a quirky cafe but would struggle with using in a house. Would definitely need the furniture to go with them.

7 anni fa
    Yuk.
  • PRO
    Sydney Lighthouse
    7 anni fa

Nice design! It would look better if it was upright though! :)

• PRO
    Nasseri Associates
    7 anni fa

It is interesting and different to use in commercial or retail interior design but not for home.

• PRO
    Alliance Robes
    7 anni fa

Long live quirky creativity!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".