Houzz Logo Print
astridmoise

Make someone want to sit in this chair!

astridmoise
9 anni fa
My cousin gave me this chair when I first moved into my own place. At the time, it was gray with pink and blue marker stains on it. It was comfortable but hideous. My husband likes to read before bed and as a surprise, I had it refinished and placed it in our master bedroom. The problem is, he never sits in it. My kids who get into everything don't even sit in it. It might as well be a rock in the room. An ottoman would be nice, but as the chair was a gift, doubt I could find a matching ottoman. I have never seen a chair paired with a nomatching ottoman. Also I wouldn't want anything to contrast with the bench cushion. Everything else in the room is very neutral. Perhaps a table might make the chair more inviting? Really don't want to give up on this chair, but I am at a loss. Any thoughts on how I can make this chair look more inviting and thereby functional.

Commenti (9)

• User
    9 anni fa
    Does anyone use the bench? Is the bench cushion solid white?
  • edithsmom
    9 anni fa
    A small table and floor reading lamp would help make that lonely chair more inviting. Agree that if you could move the bench (to end of bed, perhaps), you could find a small footstool (thrift store/craigs list) to use with the chair.
  • Angel 18432
    9 anni fa
    I agree, move the bench to front door maybe and place a small table with lamp in it's place.
    On the other hand, maybe it's not comfortable for hubby to sit in - that's why he doesn't use it.
  • rocketjcat
    9 anni fa
    I believe stationary chairs can be retrofitted with glider/rocker bases. It looks like it would be a good style for that, and that is a lot more fun than a regular chair.
  • astridmoise
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    I can move the bench. I would like to keep the chair in the room. If added another chair, do they necessarily have to match?
  • PRO
    Cynthia Porche Interiors
    9 anni fa
    Use the bench as your table and add another chair. If they were the same chair it would look more uniform BUT they do not have to be the same for it to still look good. The same style at least and then add maybe a pillow or throw on each of the chairs. If you have throw pillows on your bed, being able to match the chair pillows would really tie the whole room together.
  • astridmoise
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    i was also thinking of perhaps placing a foot stool make of another material to make up for the lack of uniformity. what do you think about something like this?
  • Maureen
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    You could add a chaise lounge that had somewhat of a curved back in a color fairly close to your chair. Purchase pillows that have your room's colors and place on both. Add a table and lamp to complete. Now you have a true sitting room for you both to enjoy.
    Sitting Room with View of Greenlake · Maggiori informazioni
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".