Houzz Logo Print
nasz

I live in Denver looking for live edge wood ? What species is this one

nasz
9 anni fa
I live in Denver looking for live edge wood ? What species is this one?

Commenti (21)

• PRO
    SF Architecture
    9 anni fa
    This slab happens to be walnut but you can get slabs in many species. The trick is finding a specialty wood dealer in your area. You'll want to go hand pick a piece, that's the fun part! Try looking up furniture grade hardwood dealers in and around Denver. Good luck!
    -Carl
  • PRO
    Final Stage Designs, LLC
    9 anni fa
    Try Talarico Hardwoods
    www.talaricohardwoods.com/ I have purchased some slabs from Sam in the past and he has some great stuff, its worth a look. He is in PA but he ships worldwide. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
    Regards,
    Tim
  • nasz
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Thank you for your help
  • Debbie Puckett
    9 anni fa
    That is a beautiful slab counter. Here is some of the work my husband does. We live in Alabama and have some beautiful trees for slabs. The coffe table and counters are magnolia tree.
  • Debbie Puckett
    9 anni fa
    That is a beautiful slab counter. Here is some of the work my husband does. We live in Alabama and have some beautiful trees for slabs. The coffe table and counters are magnolia tree.
  • Debbie Puckett
    9 anni fa
    Here are the pics.
  • PRO
    SF Architecture
    9 anni fa
    It's great to see all these beautiful examples of live edge woodworking. The original photo from SF Architecture above is a 4 1/2" slab of walnut locally sourced. There are great sources for slabs all over the US; you just have to keep asking around to find the best one for your project. Sort of like shopping for antiques!
  • nasz
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Thank you everyone
  • Mona Sanderson
    9 anni fa
    Debbie Puckett Do you have a website? In the market for a bar top.
    Sandersonmona@gmail.com
  • Debbie Puckett
    9 anni fa
    No we don't have a website yet , he just started building with living edge slabs this year . We hope in a few years when he retires we can build and sell some of the things he builds. Our counters and living room furniture are from magnolia , the dining room table and benches are cedar.i have more pics on my Houzz page .
  • Roger Chester
    9 anni fa
    Nice work!
  • PRO
    SF Architecture
    9 anni fa
    Thanks!
  • Debbie Puckett
    9 anni fa
    Don't know who you are saying nice work to. What my husband built or sf architecture ? But thank you Charlie builds beautiful furniture, it can be seen on my Houzz page.
  • userinpgh
    9 anni fa
    Beautiful. We have slabs of lignum vitae and are considering this. Nicely done, SF Architecture!
  • nasz
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Luna where is your business located ?
  • userinpgh
    9 anni fa
    I don't have a business. My husband inherited some amazing lumber from his family's shipbuilding business. We have several large pieces of lignum vitae and also are building a house. We're considering using a piece of lignum for a raw edge counter. It's beautiful!
  • matthewking
    9 anni fa
    TC Woods, in Fort Lupton north of Denver has all live edge wood, including a lot of walnut. It is all locally harvested (urban lumber).
  • PRO
    Where Wood Meets Steel
    9 anni fa
    This might be a little late for you, but we have a large inventory of wood slabs and lumber in Denver as well as a mill that can cut trees up to 5' wide or custom sizes to spec. We also have a metal shop. You can view our work here: http://wwms.net, mill site here: http://denverwoodslabs.com.
  • Barbara
    9 anni fa
    We are in an Adobe home outside Scottsdale, AZ. I'm dying to replace 25+ yr old pale tile countertops. Granite is so cold, is it possible to coat the live edge wood so it's suitable for a bar style seating? And what would then be appropriate around the sink and stove. I LOVE your slab!
  • PRO
    RE-CO BKLYN
    7 anni fa

RE-CO BKLYN salvages New York City trees from the waste stream and create one of a kind live edge slabs. We can ship all over the country and have sent some beautiful pieces to Colorado before. Live edge makes a wonderful counter top with any penetrating wiping varnish, as with all wood furniture it does require coasters and trivets. We often provide cutting boards in a matching species to compliment the counters and provide a surface for heavier use. Check out some our past kitchens here!

Walnut Slab Countertop · Maggiori informazioni

Walnut Slab Countertop · Maggiori informazioni

Maple Slab Peninsula Top and Stools · Maggiori informazioni

Ash Countertops and Live Edge Slab Island Top · Maggiori informazioni

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".